Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12 months of data: Irons vs. RMR

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    What would it say about the shooter if he was instantly better with a dot vs irons that he had a lot more reps on?
    It depends on what you mean by "better", but I would assume that since it was a sighting method that changed, it would say that the shooter interacts with the dot better than the irons. Depending on their skill level, it could be a simplicity thing (easier to put a dot where you want to hit vs. aligning a post in a notch and getting equal height/equal light, and then super imposing that sight picture on the target) or it could be a physical limitation like mine. I consider it to be a "setting the gear up to work for you" equation (because I have the liberty to do so) and not a "struggling to make what you have work" equation (like some whose employers mandate that they use certain equipment).

Computers and video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    Back to M&P?
    So, that is a definite maybe. I've got a -17 with an Aimpoint T1 on it and a M&P with a RMR. I need to get another of one of the optics so both designs have the same one and sort through it from there. Pretty much waiting to see if there is anything at SHOT in this area worth considering or delaying my decision for. Duty holsters that will work with the idea are another factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    So, that is a definite maybe. I've got a -17 with an Aimpoint T1 on it and a M&P with a RMR. I need to get another of one of the optics so both designs have the same one and sort through it from there. Pretty much waiting to see if there is anything at SHOT in this area worth considering or delaying my decision for. Duty holsters that will work with the idea are another factor.
    A friend of mine who is a Deputy and the Rangemaster for his department has an M&P 9 with an RMR as a duty gun. He is currently using a Bladetech for his duty holster. I've also read somewhere, I believe on the P&S forum, that someone managed to modify a Safariland 6354DO to fit an M&P 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Osborne View Post
    A friend of mine who is a Deputy and the Rangemaster for his department has an M&P 9 with an RMR as a duty gun. He is currently using a Bladetech for his duty holster. I've also read somewhere, I believe on the P&S forum, that someone managed to modify a Safariland 6354DO to fit an M&P 9.
    I carried a full size M&P 9 with a RMR on patrol throughout 'all' of 2012 and a 'fair amount' of 2013. The ' and ' are there because the different RMRs I used were back @ Trijicon multiple times for repair, up-grade, etc. I know the execution is viable on-duty.

Holster wise, I modified and used 6280s. I'm familiar with the 6354DO, I also bought (silly me) the 6354DO based duty holster for the M&P and a RMR which did not come with the ability to use a WML. I've heard rumors that there may be some red dot friendly L/E duty quality holsters unveiled at SHOT this year.

I'm hoping the community can get past having to engineer solutions for this in our garage with heat guns and dremel tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    I carried a full size M&P 9 with a RMR on patrol throughout 'all' of 2012 and a 'fair amount' of 2013. The ' and ' are there because the different RMRs I used were back @ Trijicon multiple times for repair, up-grade, etc. I know the execution is viable on-duty.

Holster wise, I modified and used 6280s. I'm familiar with the 6354DO, I also bought (silly me) the 6354DO based duty holster for the M&P and a RMR which did not come with the ability to use a WML. I've heard rumors that there may be some red dot friendly L/E duty quality holsters unveiled at SHOT this year.

I'm hoping the community can get past having to engineer solutions for this in our garage with heat guns and dremel tools.
    Truth.

User Tag List