Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for recommendations on 9mm guns with short trigger reach

Looking for recommendations on 9mm guns with short trigger reach

My gf has small hands, like wears a children's medium glove small.

I have been taking her to the range for a while. She likes my Walther PPQ and she is also fond of the Walther PPS M2 however recently I let her try my surplus CZ-83 and she remarked about how much easier the trigger was for her to reach compared to even the Walthers.

While the CZ-83 is a fine gun I personally don't think it's a good gun for her because it fires a not very common 9mm Makarov round. I have considered the commercial variant that comes in .380 but when I mentioned it to her she said she wants 9mm. I am trying to avoid the small girl therefore small gun stereotype by specifying the overall grip size doesn't matter nearly as much as the distance of the trigger to the rear of the grip so yes the tiny pocket 380s would probably fit the bill but those aren't what I am looking for. What I am looking for is suggestions for a 9mm gun in either single or double stack with a short trigger reach.

Guns she has tried and did not like
    Glock 19 (I don't know why she just didn't like it)
    HK VP9 - Despite putting on all of the smallest grip panels the trigger starts too far forward for her to reach. Seriously.
    CZ SP01 (And Kadet)
    M&P Shield
    Ruger SP101

List of guns I want her to try:
    1911 in 9mm - She has held one in 45 but she does not like the grip safety on this at all
    Sig P239
    Sig P938
    Sig P225
    Glock 42
    CZ P07
    Springfield XDs (She held one and remarked that it felt "cheap")

TL;DR Version, the GF has small hands and needs guns with a short trigger reach. A smaller grip is good but if the trigger starts too far forward than the trigger.

Glock 19 Gen 4 sans backstrap.
    #RESIST

If the Gen 4 G19 is out of the question, I think you're on the right path the the P225/P239. Maybe a P228 with E2 grips and the reduced reach trigger.

Since you said she didn't like the G19 or M&P Shield, I doubt she'd like the G42.

I'm surprised she didn't like the Shield as it would be about the perfect size for what she needs. Try a P239 for giggles. SP2022 with small grip and short reach trigger. G43? J-frame? P290RS?

I also agree a P229 with E2 or G10 grips with a short reach trigger might work as well.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

The HK P30 with small side and back inserts is great for people with smaller hands. The paddle mag release is also easier to reach, and the large slide release levers provide leverage for someone without much finger strength.

I'd have her try the Sig P938 that's already on your list. Saw an ad from KY Gun Company couple days ago, comes with three magazines and green laser for ~$570 (not a bad price) but I'd have her try one first.

Springfield Armory EMP-4 in 9mm.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

One thing about the awesome 938, is it recoils a bit.

Compact or Subcompact Sig P320 with small grip module?

User Tag List