Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing with the big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    I'm going to say my teenage years watching videos featuring 80's babes like Tawny Kitaen prepared me for that unlikely eventuality.
    You and me both, brother: forever reaching for the "white snake..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    You and me both, brother: forever reaching for the "white snake..."
    Wasn't enough for me to just like this post. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Why do all the bjj threads have to get weird.

Quote Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
    Why do all the bjj threads have to get weird.
    Ask the dude that brought up dick yanking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Grappling is fun and games until you're not in the dojo anymore and you're on the street and someone just grabs your dick and starts pulling on it like they're ripstarting a lawnmower. BJJ doesn't necessarily prepare you for that reality.

BJJ prepares you for that better than any other art.

Why do you think you will have any arms free to start your dick yanking? Every move in BJJ requires the BJJ player to control the other persons limbs. At all times. Otherwise, you cannot execute any fundamental BJJ technique. I can't apply an arm bar if you have the other arm free to do something to stop me. I cannot pass their guard if their arms are free to block me. It is a simple and fundamental concept that non-grapplers never seem to be able to grasp. Probably because they refuse to actually do the work and try it out.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

I love the oversimplified response of, "ya well, I'll just grab him by the balls!"

BJJ is about control, when executed correctly it doesn't leave that kind of space.

Example: I end up in side control, I'm controlling your elbow closest to me so you can't hip escape and driving my head into your chin. You'll thrash around for a bit, then get tired and need a rest. At this point I'm going to elbow you in the face or head butt your nose/mouth. That's where you decide whether you continue to eat headbutts/elbows or turn your back and give me a choke. It's like trying to fight a shark in water, you can't out maneuver it and trying to grab my balls or bite me results in a more severe ending.
    Last edited by GAP; 12-31-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Site Supporter
    Position before submission right? I mean if I'm in a dominant position it's not easy to flip the tables.

A solid grappler isn't somehow unable to "fight dirty". More than a few grapplers know more than a few moves that are totally illegal in matches...bicep/calf slicers, heel hooks, neck cranks, small joint locks/breaks. Sure you aren't allowed to use those in competition, but hey...Big boy rules. And some of those hurt more than and cause more permanent damage than a bite or even a kick in the pills.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Grappling is fun and games until you're not in the dojo anymore and you're on the street and someone just grabs your dick and starts pulling on it like they're ripstarting a lawnmower. BJJ doesn't necessarily prepare you for that reality.
    So thats your "goto" move?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    When in Turkish bath houses, do as Turkish bath houses do.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    It works...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List