Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Dealing with the big guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Until it doesn't. A big guy that's played football has been hit in the threat before. A lot.
    He probably hasn't been hit by two or three hollow points to the throat though.

Thats the point of concealed carry.
    You don't get into a fight, you don't start a fight, you active discourage a fight, you only defend yourself if attacked or reasonably in fear of being attacked. But then you stop it and call the police.
    Last edited by Zincwarrior; 02-09-2017 at 12:04 PM.

This too shall pass...

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong but it worked me for when a large drunk dude attacked me at a bar for talking to his gf. He pushed me, we ended up in a clinch, and after he punched me in the head a few times I managed to snake my arm up and hit him right in the throat. Fight was over. I looked way worse than him at the end but I was still able to fight while he was leaning against a table trying to breathe.
    Number one, you have completely changed the parameters of what you said earlier. Every single person who read your pithy comment in the prior post envisioned a ranged striking situation, NOT an attached entanglement. Of course in a clinch the throat can be a better target. IF the other guy is completely clueless about clinchwork. But that was not the setting for the entire gist of this thread - the ranged strike vs an entanglement.

Secondly, your ONE SINGLE example does not counter the literally thousands of examples I mentioned. The exception DOES NOT disprove the rule. EVER. We all have heard of someone with level 4 cancer and no treatment left miraculously heal and live. But the hundreds of thousands who don't heal, and who do die, are greater arguments that miracles are not to be relied on. I have a video from eastern Europe where a BG with a knife is robbing a minimart. The clerk does a Chuck Norris spinning crescent kick and kicks the knife out of the BG's hand. Anyone want to bet their life on that as a standard knife defense move? Why not? It worked. Well, because, again, the exception does not disprove the rule.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    He probably hasn't been hit by two or three hollow points to the throat though.

Thats the point of concealed carry.
    You don't get into a fight, you don't start a fight, you active discourage a fight, you only defend yourself if attacked or reasonably in fear of being attacked. But then you stop it and call the police.
    Dude, you realize you "said" that out loud right?
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Dude, you realize you "said" that out loud right?
    I think his last name is Zimmerman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List