Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing with the big guy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    We had a McDonald's robbed by a cartoon character freak level guy. Wore some sort of clothing over his face, but the description given of the guy were all of a 7 foot huge black guy that was not fat. I was very close on a bicycle when that came out and we had a great perimeter. Sure enough I encounter the guy outside a cemetery wearing just pants as he ditched all the rest of his clothing. He was 6' 8 plus, about 350, with six pack abs and the biggest chest I have ever seen. Shaved head, and the guy was very dark complected. He was the most intimidating human I have ever seen. I simply drew to a Low Ready, told him I didn't care if he had a gun or not, if he did anything other than drop to prone and wait for me to get back up to cuff him, I was going to put a .45 right between his eyes. I was dead serious, he knew I was dead serious, and he just did what he was told. He was actually pretty decent as he spent his entire life basically in and out of prison and did well with the respect both ways program. He said he knows he scares cops, and because I was not screaming at him, he knew I was serious that I was just going to shoot him in the head. He was going to prison for a long haul, and his whole family showed up for court. They were all enormous and brothers were all high level football players (college and pro). Apparently, he was the most physically gifted of all of them, but was not very smart and had been committing robberies since he was a kid. I guess taking whatever you want when you are dumb as a rock and monster huge becomes a way of life. I can only imagine that he is very successful in prison world. Key is, with some folks, I have no problem admitting that I am scared to death, and I don't care how good I am at any level of martial arts or fighting skill.....some folks will just need to be shot in the brain to remotely hope for success in surviving an encounter with them.

I've read, over and over again, the impossible-to-be-underestimated importance of the "command voice and tone." DB, you illustrated it so well here. That bg KNEW you would shoot him - no further conversation. He had "been there" before, which reminds me of reading here on pf, of just how quickly the low ready position, with that command voice, can stop experienced criminals - they know the difference. I know from my personal experience, beginning with my Dad (Mom was pretty good too: "wait until your Father gets home" was terrifying), but the classic education was my DI, of what that "presence" and voice, can do. SSgt. Collins was MAYbe 160 lbs./5'8" - but could stop even the biggest/baddest dudes with a word. Stories for another day.
    Last edited by 11B10; 01-09-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaiHu View Post
    Short version: there's a reason why we have weight classes in competitive fighting and why the 2nd amendment exists.
    Truly insightful.

Not a real fight but a nice BJJ match highlighting size disparity.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Not a real fight but a nice BJJ match highlighting size disparity.

As I hit the link I was thinking "Please be Marcelo vs. Ricco"....

Another straight BJJ match but also illustrative. Take special note about the 3:09 mark.

For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Love Miss Swan.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootingrn View Post
    As I hit the link I was thinking "Please be Marcelo vs. Ricco"....
    By gawd that slam tho

I got my ass kicked regularly in sport Jiujitsu by smaller opponents. Couldn't stick a finger in their eyes, knee and kick in the head, or simply pick dudes up and pile drive them into the concrete. I had to put strength against pure technique and try to match superior technique. Being I was usually rolling black belt instructors and top purple belt students, I lost the technique game often.....which is why I was there. When I took the technique to the street combined with at my disposal Hard objects to land opponents on, then with submissions, it was worthwhile to take all the beating in class.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Yep, I thought the big girl is hot. You got me....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List