Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sights - Is it too much to ask

Sights - Is it too much to ask

All I want for the P2000:

3 dot Tritium with silver rings (Heinie esque). In theory I like the Straight Eights set up, in reality my left eye causes the rear dot to appear shifted left. Also if they could actually stack like an 8, that would be great.

Front cocking face on the RS.

Serrated front and rear (Heinie style, not Trijicon HD style)

Parkerized or dull HE finish (whatever Heinie uses)

Stock height (like Trijicon Bright and Tough) or regulated to hit -1" at 25yds and POA at 50yds.

Undercut or almost vertical face on FS (Dawson style)

Set screws front and rear (Heinie)

FS .120 wide

RS with .125 wide u notch, or square would be acceptable (Heinie offers this width for the USPC)

The above would be a good start

If anyone has suggestions on how to get the 3 above mentioned companies to collaborate, I will order at least two sets.

Thanks.......
    Taking a break from social media.

In all seriousness, I didn't think Heinie could drill a center dot in his sights. If there's one out there I'd love to see it as I've never seen one. Saying that, I often times feel they are the best sight for me.

I recently picked up a LAV G17 because I was really able to pick up that gold dot front sight. In practice this weekend I was having trouble with dot torture at 7 yards with them. I could get my headshots at 7 yards but for some reason I was not totally accurate with them. I'm not sure if it's how the light reflects off the head or what but I was expecting an bit more from them.

I've always loved the orange on the front sight, right up until I have to get precise. So I'm in the same boat. I need a custom sight maker that is inexpensive. Let's try to keep it less than $125 or so. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
    In all seriousness, I didn't think Heinie could drill a center dot in his sights. If there's one out there I'd love to see it as I've never seen one. Saying that, I often times feel they are the best sight for me.

I recently picked up a LAV G17 because I was really able to pick up that gold dot front sight. In practice this weekend I was having trouble with dot torture at 7 yards with them. I could get my headshots at 7 yards but for some reason I was not totally accurate with them. I'm not sure if it's how the light reflects off the head or what but I was expecting an bit more from them.

I've always loved the orange on the front sight, right up until I have to get precise. So I'm in the same boat. I need a custom sight maker that is inexpensive. Let's try to keep it less than $125 or so. Any takers?
    I've never found gold beads to shoot well for me, so all of my guns that had them, no longer do. They were designed for low light, never for precision. I just can't warm up to their compromise.

When I could still see, the Heinie 3 dot slant pros were on every Glock I carried. With a slight bit of orange paint, they were pretty perfect. I could be very precise due to the .125 serrated front and .156 rear notch, and fast as well. Eyes change and I really need a Hi-Vis front at 61 unless I'm wearing RX range glasses, which I won't be when I in the food court.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    When I could still see, the Heinie 3 dot slant pros were on every Glock I carried. With a slight bit of orange paint, they were pretty perfect. I could be very precise due to the .125 serrated front and .156 rear notch, and fast as well. Eyes change and I really need a Hi-Vis front at 61 unless I'm wearing RX range glasses, which I won't be when I in the food court.
    Eating at the "food court" is probably the worst thing you can to to your body that isn't illegal. Much more likely to kill you than not seeing your sights:-)

Yeah, it sounds like you're describing the old Heinie "slant pro 3-D night sights". They accommodated everything on your list but the "front cocking surface" on the rear sight. He stopped making them for a lot of pistols a bunch of years ago, but still makes them for the Glocks IIRC. Maybe it's time for you to call Richard and beg and plead. My experience doing so wasn't particularly effective though.

Dawson, on the other hand, is typically really receptive to custom requests and certainly has the capability to make what you're looking for. Currently they don't offer serrated and tritium in the same front sight package (they do in a rear), but it might be an option to have them tool something up. I'd buy a few .125 wide serrated fronts with (no-outline) tritium. They'd have to fit in a Sig dovetail though.

t

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Yeah, it sounds like you're describing the old Heinie "slant pro 3-D night sights". They accommodated everything on your list but the "front cocking surface" on the rear sight. He stopped making them for a lot of pistols a bunch of years ago, but still makes them for the Glocks IIRC. Maybe it's time for you to call Richard and beg and plead. My experience doing so wasn't particularly effective though.

Dawson, on the other hand, is typically really receptive to custom requests and certainly has the capability to make what you're looking for. Currently they don't offer serrated and tritium in the same front sight package (they do in a rear), but it might be an option to have them tool something up. I'd buy a few .125 wide serrated fronts with (no-outline) tritium. They'd have to fit in a Sig dovetail though.

t
    I've had great experience with Dawson and custom sights, as it sounds like you have too. I can't imagine they wouldn't do it, but you never know.

I use what I'm issued on my guns, but if it were up to me, I'd have serrated front and rear. May have to look into that...

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I've had great experience with Dawson and custom sights, as it sounds like you have too. I can't imagine they wouldn't do it, but you never know.

I use what I'm issued on my guns, but if it were up to me, I'd have serrated front and rear. May have to look into that...
    You can always mix and match from different makers. Im running a 10-8 serrated front with a Warren 1 dot rear on my glock 19.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post

You mentioned you guys have a lot more sight options now. Are Dawson tritium or something similar (any serrated tritium with flat/square competition profile tritium rear) not among those options?

I bet you could get a group buy of at least that style of FS if you got Dawson to tool up for it.

There are enough of us with P2000 that would like a bit more precise front than the HDs many have; I am definitely one.

User Tag List