Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stocks/Grips, and smart old guys....

This thread needs more pics. My S&W M15 2" with Hurst grips:
    Name:  IMG_6833.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  39.6 KB

Model 10 3" with RB Hurst:
    Name:  IMG_0724.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  42.6 KB
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Cool old shooting irons, a history lesson, and some equally nice pics...

What's there not to enjoy here???

As I was reading the thread, the Malloy/ADAM-12/M15/Farrant thing came to mind as well. I'm sure others here know far more of the story, but Martain Milner cherished that gun. I cannot recall its disposition on his passing...auction maybe? Back in an era where television and reality wove a dual respect.

The Malloy gun was recently offered for sale, on Gunbroker I think.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    The Malloy gun was recently offered for sale, on Gunbroker I think.
    Last check they want $10,000.00 for it. If it was half that I would own it, but I think they are way high.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Those are not, but wait till you see what I am going to do with the beater Police Positive. It turned out it was Made the same year as Wayne Dobbs, so I am making something neat for him. I just traded the Python for a super rare 38/44 Austin PD gun that "may have been" the gun that killed Charles Whitman at the Texas Tower. I figured you would approve as that one is really preserving police history. Guy wouldn't sell it, only trade for a Python. Otherwise...got them all in a good home
    I can't wait to see what this looks like! A birth year gun is something I've always wanted and this one will occupy a place of honor. It will also do "retirement level" work with the kindest of .38 Special loads. Thanks, brother!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

One of the huge revolver benefits is that you can get them stocked to fit your hand perfectly.
    As my arthritis keeps worsening and my insurance keeps denying medication to relieve the pain, grip fit has become a bit interesting to me and now that I have lost so much grip strength I am really appreciating grip shape.
    This was just brought home to me at the LGS. Now, I'm on the younger side of many here (42) but I've got damage to the ligaments in the bases of my thumbs and reoccurring tendonitis in my wrists. I've noticed that the width of the grips can cause great issues with my thumbs, i.e. if the grip is too wide/too square/too narrow, I end up with a lot of pain. I can handle a J frame (currently living the "lifestyle") but most of the narrow single stack 9mm cause sharp pain. Most of the double stack cause pain because they push my thumb too wide. I was looking at S&W Model 60PC that felt pretty good in my hand. I put it down and picked up a 686+ (current production with Hogue? stocks). My dealer heard my thumb pop and could see the look of pain on my face. I've had issues with K frames causing pain, but I had thought it was due to the old fashion (yes, I went there) wood stocks. Now, I suspect it has more to with the frame size and angle it creates in my wrist and thumb.

I'm realizing more and more that fit is going to be the most important aspect for me.

And that I need to realize I might not find a 9mm that works "well enough" for me...

Thanks for your post Dagga Boy, it helped me realize my situation in a different light.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    This thread needs more pics. My S&W M15 2" with Hurst grips:
    Name:  IMG_6833.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  39.6 KB

Model 10 3" with RB Hurst:
    Name:  IMG_0724.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  42.6 KB
    Are those current manufacture grips? Serious WANT.

EDIT: just realized which thread this was. Damn.
    Last edited by Lon; 12-31-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Sorry, those are '80's vintage. Got several pairs as prizes at LAPD PPC matches back in the day. John made 3 pairs for me with hand tracings. I have another set for a RB J frame.

Here is a set of Hurst's on the primary carry gun for an LAPD legend.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Here is a set of Hurst's on the primary carry gun for an LAPD legend.
    Beyond coolness! Thanks for the pic.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List