Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambi Mag Release

Ambi Mag Release

Looking to pick up an ambi mag release for my AR. Any suggestions on which one to get?

I use the KAC one, it works well.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod80107.aspx
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Do you know if that will work in conjunction with the Strike Industries Enhanced Bolt Catch?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Do you know if that will work in conjunction with the Strike Industries Enhanced Bolt Catch?
    I do not, it does look like a good piece of gear, though.
    #RESIST

I like the Norgon. Works great and doesn't stick out as much as others.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I do not, it does look like a good piece of gear, though.
    It's great. I run it on my AR and I don't want to replace it that's why I want to make sure the KAC works with it.

I used the Norgon for a while, a couple years maybe. Eventually I decided to just stay with the stock set-up. I bring my support hand back, thumb the release, and then strip the magazine IF I have to.

I only have experience with the Norgon which is pretty decent and significantly faster than using the support hand (if that's a factor for you). The only drawback, though not critical, is it doesn't quite have enough leverage to easily release anything except empty, or almost empty, mags.

[QUOTE=Matt O;541836]I only have experience with the Norgon which is pretty decent and significantly faster than using the support hand (if that's a factor for you). The only drawback, though not critical, is it doesn't quite have enough leverage to easily release anything except empty, or almost empty, mags.[/QUOTE

ditto

I ended up ordering the Troy ambi release. I know that will work with the enhanced bolt catch I already have so I figured I'd give the Troy a try. I'll post an update after I installed it.

User Tag List