Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: So what did ya get for Christmas?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    My son's first Christmas. Time with family, dinner.

It was a great Christmas. Possibly the greatest one i've ever had.

-Cory
    This. All this.

It was my daughter's first. She's 11.5 months old. All her aunts, uncles, grandparents, and most of her great-grandparents were over at our house for the day. It was priceless.
    Last edited by cosine; 12-26-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Kelly and I headed to Mississippi for the family Christmas. It was her first time there. About 30 family members on scene. Got to spend time with my dad, son, and grandsons.

I received a DW Valor stainless commander and a couple of bottles of very good wine along with a few baubles.

The trip was the best as time and distance conspire to keep me from seeing my family but once or twice year.

Here's to a health and prosperous new year to all of us and confusing to our enemies.

Cheers!
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    The goods

[U RL=http://s709.photobucket.com/user/backtrail540/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161226_132516_zps8ucmgtpf.jpg.html][I MG]http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww95/backtrail540/Mobile%20Uploads/20161226_132516_zps8ucmgtpf.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Those Southern Grind knives are pretty cool. Not sure how much you follow but Kyle Defoor got to go backstage with ZB and had a few posts indicating that Zac is into a lot of what we are. I had a customer send one in a while back and regret not buying one sooner.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I'll have mine coming your way soon. I do recall the post, both yours with the jp and the one from d4 where zac gave him the folder. I wanted one the day they dropped but knowing Zac is a cool dude who is into our world makes it even better. I like it a lot so far as well as the holster.

This was my daughter's second Christmas, but now that she's (just a couple days shy of) 17 months old, it was a ton of fun. She makes my world go 'round.

Name:  Picture1.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  56.3 KB

I was happiest just to spend time among family, but I did get a few gifts I was pretty tickled about. I got another (more comfortable) treestand which my ass should appreciate on those long rut hunts, along with a surprise matching set of Realtree sweatshirts for my daughter and I that my impending brother-in-law gave us. My wife and I are also expecting a son in a little less than 6 months, so I'm looking forward to passing on the sweatshirts and hunt tradition to both son and daughter in the coming years.

No gifts this year, just white elephant silliness and a bunch of stuff for nieces and nephews, family donates to a charity rather than giving each other stuff.

#1 by a long shot: Watching the kids talk to Santa on Christmas Eve (with a big thank you to the mall Santa who pretended to understand the kid with a speech problem), and then watching each kid play with the one special gift "Santa" brought that they really, really, really wanted.

Much less important, but very nice, a new range bag, a new red pouch to clip to the aforementioned bag (to hold my range trauma kit), and a Kindle Fire HD8 (to replace the old original HD8.9 I had).

Vending Machine Operator
    I paid off a credit card *blows kazoo*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I got a bunch of cool stuff.

I also got a knockoff Oculus VR headset thingie. I played a game for 5 minutes in it and got so fucking insanely motion sick that I was down for 2 hours afterwards.

I haven't found a game that is as fun as the real Oculus, either.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Aside from good health for my family and friends (2 friends had their fathers die in the past week and another's is really close to death), best present I got was awareness and inspiration....

I play guitar and write music and have been in a rut lately. Getting ready for Christmas Eve, was waiting for the wife to get ready. Was on Youtube and plugged in "great acoustic guitar".

If you are at all into some great guitar playing, check out the following.

Andy McKee - Drifting
    Estas Tonne - Song of the Golden Dragon
    Ewan Dobson - Time 2
    Tobias Rausch - Still Awake
    ....and a ton of others

Really opened my eyes to some new techniques that are evolving for the acoustic. Really brought home.....I need to practice A LOT more and embrace, incorporate and rauchmanify some of the newness out there. I'll get there...

Thanks Youtube Claus....
    Last edited by rauchman; 12-27-2016 at 11:21 AM.

User Tag List