Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: So what did ya get for Christmas?

My contention for the most adult of Christmas presents:

Fitbit Aria
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

We are a single income house; so I dont let my wife buy me things since I will just treat myself. She still gets me a couple things like the annual LL Bean house shoe re-up, robe, etc.
    I did treat myself to new computer crap since I am a 37 yo dork still pwning noobs on BF4 once a week. I also got some new Steyr M9 mags, an auto knife, and flashlight...cause I need a flashlight every 6 months apparently.

One of the random things we got as a gift that is pretty cool is this: (its a portable steamer...) It actually works really well.
    https://www.amazon.com/Rowenta-Compa...p_89%3ARowenta

But like the other dads.. all I need is these 2 knuckleheads and to keep them smiling and safe. Took them on the Polar Express again.

Name:  15585308_10154974042765466_913434789118199810_o.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  51.3 KB

Hope everyones best of 2016 is the worst of 2017! Im looking forward to next year, I am finally going to enroll in a local BJJ gym and my oldest may join as well...we are gaging her interest with YT videos.
    <Matthew 10:28>

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadmin View Post
    I did treat myself to new computer crap since I am a 37 yo dork still pwning noobs on BF4 once a week.
    I am 28, almost 29, and did a $2,000 build last year. My first since I was 13. Even a year and a half later, it still absolutely kicks ass, most games at high-ultra settings, even the intense ones at medium-high, all which blow my Xbox One (which I still enjoy for some shooters) out of the water with liquid 60-120 FPS.

PC gaming for LIFE.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I am 28, almost 29, and did a $2,000 build last year. My first since I was 13. Even a year and a half later, it still absolutely kicks ass, most games at high-ultra settings, even the intense ones at medium-high, all which blow my Xbox One (which I still enjoy for some shooters) out of the water with liquid 60-120 FPS.

PC gaming for LIFE.
    Awesome! yea, I went with a 6600k build and a gtx1070.. I think Ill give BF1 a shot.
    <Matthew 10:28>

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    We traditionally do small gift exchanges although what usually ends up happening is I participate in the small gift exchange but shower my wife with big money presents for her birthday.

So far my favourite is this:

My wife designed it to replace the factory logos on my boat, which is built buy a local company called Double Eagle. Their factory logos are just kind of boring.

And then a friend with a machine shop asked if I wanted some billet aluminum badging for the thing because he can cut the design easily. So, the boat should be getting a lot cooler in 2017.

Downside: Now I want it tattooed on my neck, anchors on my throat and wings reaching up under my ears. But I really should not do that.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    My contention for the most adult of Christmas presents:

[im g]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51s5qOpziPL._SY355_.jpg[/img]

Fitbit Aria
    I got the Withings one a few weeks back and they're pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    We traditionally do small gift exchanges although what usually ends up happening is I participate in the small gift exchange but shower my wife with big money presents for her birthday.

So far my favourite is this:

[I MG]https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15726585_1500460996635035_8157585275761023247_n.jp g?oh=4de5e67e0b0cd83c9173b065cbf0a3b8&oe=58D66512[/IMG]

My wife designed it to replace the factory logos on my boat, which is built buy a local company called Double Eagle. Their factory logos are just kind of boring.

And then a friend with a machine shop asked if I wanted some billet aluminum badging for the thing because he can cut the design easily. So, the boat should be getting a lot cooler in 2017.

Downside: Now I want it tattooed on my neck, anchors on my throat and wings reaching up under my ears. But I really should not do that.

First thing I thought was tattoo. Without having met you it screams to be a tattoo that you'd have.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I got to watch my kids take in their first Disney World experience. They are 12, 9, and 6. Given their ages, we went all in on the cheese. It was totally worth it. We did the whole "surprise reveal" thing. They each got to open a present early: a new suitcase. Yay, right? Inside each suitcase was a stuffed Mickey Mouse (Minnie for the little girl) wearing a t-shirt that said "I'm gong to Disney World!" and a magic band. Each suitcase also had a Delta boarding pass inside. The flight was for the following morning.

Here they are looking at the suitcases and thinking, "This is cool, but what the heck is going on?":

Here's when they figure it out:

First day in the parks. I told you we went full on with the cheese - matching shirts and everything. Don't judge. It was for the kids

Desert party on Tomorrowland Terrace where we took in the "Wishes" fireworks show. So Awesome.

My oldest doing his best Atlas Shrugged with Spaceship Earth:

Middle son being his crazy self:

My little girl got to meet every princess, including her current favorite, Elena. The kids' amazement throughout the trip was fantastic. Minds were blown several times over.

Last day in the parks. We went for six days and hit it hard. We were up at 6am for breakfast and in the parks until 9:30pm or later for six days straight. We were beat, but we got to see everything the kids wanted to see. Next time around we can be a bit more selective. I'm glad we can say we did Disney World over Christmas, but we will never do it again. WAY too many people, but we knew that going in and planned accordingly. Lots of breaks throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    well-done Disney stuff
    Nice work. We did a similar trip a couple years back (summer, not Christmas) - it seems stupid but it is a blast. T-shirts and all. We have a similar pic when our littlest met her fav (Cinderella) and they had a special moment. She still talks about "remember when Cinderella kissed me on the nose!". I'm a grump about travel but the whole place is pretty magical.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Vending Machine Operator
    Man, you guys did Disney right. You can't take a trip like that acting too cool for it. Gotta go nuts or not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Thanks guys. I went in skeptical, but it really was a blast. Glad we did it.

Had some gadgets waiting on me when we got back, so this was officially the best Christmas ever.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

User Tag List