Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what did ya get for Christmas?

So what did ya get for Christmas?

I have yet to see the "What did you get for Xmas" thread here today...

I have to admit that I always end up reading them just out of curiosity.

I'll start: I got quite a bit of cold hard cash. With I am turning into a fairly substantial order from the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop. My brother also got me a copy of this. Should be an interesting read.

https://www.amazon.com/Book-Five-Rin.../dp/1590309847
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 12-25-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: My posting ability sucks...
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Sometimes presents come from someone you never expect them from.

Monday I received a text from one of my cousins, essentially asking me to contact his older brother who has a terminal brain tumor. When I called him he told me that what he wanted and wanted me to come by. I left immediately. When I arrived at his home he gave me an old double-barrelled shotgun and a pocket watch.

The old shotgun belonged to my great-grandfather. My cousin had received it in the early 70's from our grandmother with the promise that he would pass it on. He took the shotgun, which had a broken stock, and ordered a blank stock. He them carved it down with a piece of glass.

The pocket watch was taken from a German soldier during WWII by his father who gave it to our grandfather upon his return home. Our grandfather kept it on him until his death. Our grandmother gave it to him with the promise that he would pass it on when it was time. I was very humbled to receive the gifts and they're worth more than any amount of money I could ever receive.

My wife let me buy:

2011 open gun
    More 140mm mags
    Alpha X holster
    Belt
    Mag pouches
    i used to wannabe

...plus...

250 rounds of 124gr 9mm Speer Gold Dot & 500 rounds of 130gr .38 Spl American Eagle FMJ

AIWB 'J-Frame holster' from Tom / DSG ("soon")
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Name:  26166_hr.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  15.2 KB
    Name:  71Ks9mfflOL._SX522_.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  31.2 KB

The wife's dog had better watch out.

I am currently getting my toes and fingers, as well as toenails and fingernails painted sparkly by a 3 year old PipSqueak....

Site Supporter
    My wife got me a milt sparks 55BN with shark trim for my colt commander!! She said she ordered it two months ago and told them it was for Christmas and they got it to her just in time. I'll post a pick later

So what did ya get for Christmas?

I got myself a bigger chainsaw (64CC) to compliment my 42CC Dolmar 421. A very good friend sent me a Beretta 1301 with the TDG shroud already installed, JV and I have some skeet shooting planned at the excellent nearby trap range. A few days ago, my children's grandfather visited (two sets of grandkids, not hard to figure out which ones are mine ) and that was best of all.

My wife and I do not give each other gifts for any formal holiday anniversary/etc and I vastly prefer that. We do the customary gifts for the kids on the regular holidays.
    #RESIST

Px4cc mod 2 I just have to wait a little longer to unwrap and candy

I got to work this morning.

Best present ever!

/s
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List