Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Or maybe you have/had a buddy in the business and it is two hours away but there are nice roads on the way there.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I'm likely the only one that cares, but Power Wagon order banks are supposedly reopening on or about Nov 10th.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    My car was totaled a week and a half ago, so I’ve been truck shopping. Started originally looking at Tacomas, but used prices are nuts even by 2022 standards and a new 6 speed manual is going to run you $50,000 OTD and they aren’t budging on price. Hard pass.

Got down to F-150s and Ram 1500s. Right now I’m 90% sure I’m going to end up in a 2018 F-150 with the 2.7 ecoboost. The buying process has been straight up miserable. My honest advice is if you don’t NEED something right now don’t bother. And it’s going to be even more work for you if you don’t want to finance through the dealer. That seems to be the business model right now. Lots of BS non-negotiable add ons (basically the same old market adjustment they had before) and long term loans to get you down to a “reasonable” monthly payment for a very unreasonable term.
    Still haven’t closed a deal. Dealerships are pulling all kinds of shady and underhanded crap to try and force me into a price I’m not comfortable with.

No offense to anyone who may be here, but all the salesmen I’ve been dealing with are scum.

No offense to anyone who may be here, but all the salesmen I’ve been dealing with are scum.
    This is even better if you have much experience dealing with people in MN/ND, how exasperated the guy is when he stammers around the word Fucking...

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    This is even better if you have much experience dealing with people in MN/ND, how exasperated the guy is when he stammers around the word Fucking...

I don’t even have it in me to argue with them any more. I had one last night that advertised a price of $30,405 and by the time they got done with their BS fees the out the door price was a cunt hair under $40,000. I just left, who has time for that nonsense?

I will say I think the market is softening. I had another dealer try to pressure me into a deposit to hold a vehicle when I’d only seen pictures. When pushed on if the deposit was refundable eventually they said no. So I told them I wasn’t going to do that, and they told me we have a lot of other people looking at this truck. I told them do what you gotta do.

10 minutes later I got a price drop alert on that very truck.

I don’t even have it in me to argue with them any more. I had one last night that advertised a price of $30,405 and by the time they got done with their BS fees the out the door price was a cunt hair under $40,000. I just left, who has time for that nonsense?
    I agree. I work in sales and hate that bullshit. We all know what the market will bear, I am always clear in stating what and when I am willing to exactly do what I am stating. The back and forth and back and forth is bullshit, I would rather eat a bug. I have been to gun shows with people (like, friend of a friend) who would circle the drain over five bucks, I aint doing it.

I had a guy (years ago) at a Jeep dealership expect me to commit to buying if he found something before he would do a dealer trade search. This was when it had become possible to search the inventory your own self and I already knew there was one out there, not all that far from my house. He chose to (way...) prematurely leverage a closing opportunity, I left and bought a car someplace else. If they are that poor at their craft I don't want to do business there.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Man, the Maverick is what I want, especially the Hybrid. It gets me to work at 40-45 mpg and I can haul trash on the weekend.

Finally sat in one last week. The interior is very cheap and I am ok with that. Not just the materials but also a big gap in between the dashboard and some of the other parts... Its $20k, what do you expect?

My local dealer has that one that stickers for $25k. They are asking $40k.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Still haven’t closed a deal. Dealerships are pulling all kinds of shady and underhanded crap to try and force me into a price I’m not comfortable with.

I just had the easiest experience with a small town dealer in Illinois. Faulkner Automotive. I exchanged emails, one phone call, and said I would pay -$2950 off their listed price. They didn't agree to a price but said we could work something out.

Drove down, test drove, negotiation was this:
    Round 1: We're at X. (I'm at X-$2950)
    Round 2: Let's meet in the middle. (No. I'm at my original price.)
    Round 3: Let's do your price. (Ok.)

F&I office:
    No financing? No.
    You don't want any of the warranties or anything do you? No.
    Is your check good? (No, I was just going to put a deposit down. I have to move money from one account to another, it'll take maybe 5 days tops)
    We can just hold it. Date it 5 days out, I'll sign this agreement to hold it, and if it takes longer just call your salesman. We won't cash it until you tell us to. You can still take the truck home today.

(Keep in mind I live out of state, they've never met me before today, and I have never set foot in their dealership before roughly 45 minutes ago)

Good dealerships still exist, but mostly in smaller towns I think.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I just had the easiest experience with a small town dealer in Illinois. Faulkner Automotive. I exchanged emails, one phone call, and said I would pay -$2950 off their listed price. They didn't agree to a price but said we could work something out.

Drove down, test drove, negotiation was this:
    Round 1: We're at X. (I'm at X-$2950)
    Round 2: Let's meet in the middle. (No. I'm at my original price.)
    Round 3: Let's do your price. (Ok.)

F&I office:
    No financing? No.
    You don't want any of the warranties or anything do you? No.
    Is your check good? (No, I was just going to put a deposit down. I have to move money from one account to another, it'll take maybe 5 days tops)
    We can just hold it. Date it 5 days out, I'll sign this agreement to hold it, and if it takes longer just call your salesman. We won't cash it until you tell us to. You can still take the truck home today.

(Keep in mind I live out of state, they've never met me before today, and I have never set foot in their dealership before roughly 45 minutes ago)

Good dealerships still exist, but mostly in smaller towns I think.
    That’s funny, I had a very similar experience in Merrillville, Indiana today (also out of state for me). Purchased a truck at my asking price, was asked once about extended warrantees, told them I wouldn’t be financing, no games. Was in and out in about an hour. That’s the way it should be done.

Congrats on the purchase!

User Tag List