Page 49 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Can you get them with the 3.0 diesel?
    Not in the Mojave trim level. I won't buy another diesel, regardless.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Well, they cost about $500 each and a vehicle probably depreciates ~$15-$20k in 100k, so I know what I am going to do.

ETA: Ford started selling these in their highest volume vehicles in 2009, if they all had crapped out with low miles Ford would have had to get a bailout like the other two a long time ago. And it is not just Ford, VW is a large global manufacturer and they have been putting out a lotta turbos.

Also, pretty sure turbos were created for aircraft engines that were gas. Diesels were mostly supercharged for a long time.
    I don't know shit about turbos other than what my friend shared. He made it sound like factory turbos suck and to replace and upgrade them with a quality turbo would be in excess of a couple thousand dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by dsa View Post
    I don't know shit about turbos other than what my friend shared. He made it sound like factory turbos suck and to replace and upgrade them with a quality turbo would be in excess of a couple thousand dollars.
    Turbos are maintenance sensitive, but aren't inherently unreliable. If you're the sort who forgets oil changes and/or ignores oil specs in favor of what's on sale this month, expect reduced turbo life. I am a little nervous of used turbo-equipped vehicles without documented maintenance for that reason. Factory new, no hesitation. 200k+ is frequently reported on OEM Ford turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I've only been looking for a couple of weeks, but I'm seeing some softening in the market as well.
    Is anyone seeing the used market soften up or is it still a mess?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

Okie John
    It’s still a mess. Prices are still up. The auctions around me are weird. Dealers around me are taking trade ins that they would have sent to auction but are fixing what’s wrong instead to sell if it’s worth it.

Even parts supply is still screwed.
    Last edited by camel; 06-11-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

Okie John
    It’s still a giant mess.

I was listening to a radio show that said they expected the bottom to fall out around October. They didn’t give any specific reason so it seems like conjecture to me. If I HAD to buy a truck today I’d probably suck it up and get a new Tundra at 2.75% or see if my credit union could beat that.

But personally I’m holding my cash and waiting for prices to come down. That may mean waiting years, I don’t know. But too rich for my blood right now.

I have to believe with the price of gas the demand for trucks is going to soften. Ford’s interest rate is 7.9% right now. Who is buying a $60,000 truck at 7.9% to put $6/gallon gas in it?

I'm starting to see a little softening of prices for the bigger, less fuel efficient, trucks that are more than a few years old. $7 gasoline will do that though. Light duty pickups are still nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Nope. Too slow in the 40-75 on-ramp sprint. If they had more motor in these it'd be a real contender for me, I liked the overall package. Just not enough to buy one. Maybe they'll put the Hurricane in eventually.
    I think that engine is going to transform several of their offerings. They went Wrangler - Unlimited - Gladiator without a substantial power upgrade, other than the V8 and that is probably the wrong approach, IMO.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    So, on that note:

A couple of weeks ago I was on the deadliest stretch of highway in my county doing 60 MPH (speed limit is 55) heading to the range to do some practice for upcoming classes.

A Honda CRV in front of me decided that they were very suddenly going to turn left through one of those median pass-throughs that are only supposed to be used by police vehicles. They were going 60, saw it, thought "I TURN NOW!!!" stomped the brakes and made a hard left.

I don't claim to be an angel behind the wheel, but I had left plenty of room in front of me in case someone made that kind of fucking stupid play because that's exactly the kind of dumb shit people do on this road...which is why it has such a high rate of accidents.
    Good argument for a dashcam. Did they catch the CRV?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I think that engine is going to transform several of their offerings. They went Wrangler - Unlimited - Gladiator without a substantial power upgrade, other than the V8 and that is probably the wrong approach, IMO.
    I really *want* to like the Gladiator. I just think I'd get tired of it. I'm still tentatively excited for the Ranger Raptor, tempered by the fact Ford will probably flub the launch like the Bronco.

User Tag List