Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The current Tundra is woefully underequipped, gets awful mileage no matter what, and very long in the tooth; to put it mildly. I’d wait.
    I know. It's a pig.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Oh yeah, I'm familiar for sure. Everyone bitched and moaned when Ram came out with the "Express" model because it was defiling the sacred name and all that other car voodoo naming BS people get so mad about.

My vague recollection about the OG was that emission standards had turned all the "sports cars" into dogs, and the workaround was to make a "fast truck" because they weren't covered, or something like that. I'm sure a quick google will prove my memory to be wrong (more voodoo bs, haha).
    There's one of those around here. The guy that owned it used it for a daily driver and it was pretty rough. Then someone bought it and restored it. Now it looks somewhat like the one you posted. Rare indeed.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Upcoming Toyota Tundra TRD Pro. Looks like they hired GM's design team for the grill.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Vid from Scott Brady from Overland Journal:

Rest of article

I'm a Toyota guy at heart... It's growing on me. still not sure about that front end. Some angles it's looking okay, others its looking hideous.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I was hoping non TRD models would be fitted with a more modest grill. Guess not.
    https://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/tundra/

Hey the good news is, they carried the ugly over into the cab/dash!

That “iPad-crammed-into-dash-as-afterthought” of an infotainment system, plus all those switches… oh yeah, glad we waited around for THAT!

Name:  0DFCD231-0CEE-4F97-B480-6E399AE0378B.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  54.2 KB

Name:  824B2F04-143C-417B-95F0-3FFF6ACCABE2.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  46.1 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Hey the good news is, they carried the ugly over into the cab/dash!
    Fucking hell, why didn't they just used crushed velvet to complete the look for the red one?

*edit* seriously. '87 GMC interior:

That interior is a mish-mash of the worst of a "retro" interior and a "modern" interior.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 09-20-2021 at 09:02 AM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Upcoming Toyota Tundra TRD Pro. Looks like they hired GM's design team for the grill.
    Or a space alien. Toyota will have to go on the pre-order money down system because dealers will want some assurance they can sell them. I wouldn't buy one and I've had 6 new Toyotas.

The more I read about the new Tundra the worse it gets. They've lost their GD minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Or a space alien. Toyota will have to go on the pre-order money down system because dealers will want some assurance they can sell them. I wouldn't buy one and I've had 6 new Toyotas.

The more I read about the new Tundra the worse it gets. They've lost their GD minds.
    I badly want a current production 4runner. It has exactly the amount of tech that I want and even though the interior is dated, I still love the aesthetics of it inside and out. I'm just wanting to knock down a little more credit card debt before jumping in (plus the general mark-up on the things when you can find them right now).

But this Tundra release has me panicking a little. I'm worried in the year or so when I was planning on being ready they'll have done the same thing with 4runners that they're doing to Tundras.....

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Fucking hell, why didn't they just used crushed velvet to complete the look for the red one?

*edit* seriously. '87 GMC interior:

That interior is a mish-mash of the worst of a "retro" interior and a "modern" interior.
    That would be the 1887 Brothel Edition. I loved the vinyl tops that cracked and peeled in the AZ sun soon after the warranty had expired.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-20-2021 at 02:25 PM.

User Tag List