Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I did 700 miles over the last two days in the Raptor, it has made me really reconsider looking at a smaller truck. The drive was so easy and comfortable.
    I found a good deal on a Raptor, but it's a Super Cab. I really don't like the clamshell doors and even though there's fewer and fewer times I need a back seat, those times aren't zero. If it came with a longer bed to compensate I may be more serious about considering it. The other thing is the smaller cab downgrades you to the 26 gallon gas tank.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I found a good deal on a Raptor, but it's a Super Cab. I really don't like the clamshell doors and even though there's fewer and fewer times I need a back seat, those times aren't zero. If it came with a longer bed to compensate I may be more serious about considering it. The other thing is the smaller cab downgrades you to the 26 gallon gas tank.
    @Jackdog loves his Super Cab and thinks the Super Crews are dogs. I like having real doors in the rear and not having to open the front door to open the rear, that was my big dislike of my 2003 GMC. The 26 gal tank does suck, having 500+ mile range is awesome and needed, I averaged 15.2 MPG running 80 MPH over rolling hills of Arkansas.

@Jackdog loves his Super Cab and thinks the Super Crews are dogs. I like having real doors in the rear and not having to open the front door to open the rear, that was my big dislike of my 2003 GMC. The 26 gal tank does suck, having 500+ mile range is awesome and needed, I averaged 15.2 MPG running 80 MPH over rolling hills of Arkansas.
    My Super Duty was SCAB/SB and I disliked the clamshell doors greatly. I also didn't love the look. Extended cab/short beds just look weird to me. The proportions seem off, I want a 6.5' bed at minimum on a regular or extended cab full size truck. The 5.5' is ok on the crew cabs.

I always option the biggest tank I can. It'd be cool if GMC went back to dual tank trucks, or at least an optional upsized tank in the 1/2 tons.

My Super Duty was SCAB/SB and I disliked the clamshell doors greatly. I also didn't love the look. Extended cab/short beds just look weird to me. The proportions seem off, I want a 6.5' bed at minimum on a regular or extended cab full size truck. The 5.5' is ok on the crew cabs.
    I always option the biggest tank I can. It'd be cool if GMC went back to dual tank trucks, or at least an optional upsized tank in the 1/2 tons.
    I think if you had grown kids the SuperCab would suck. In my case I got it because at the time my life required an 8ft bed, and I had no need to for a Super Duty. Now that I have it (and no kids) I kinda prefer it, since when the dogs get in or out I am getting in or out. But having to open the door and undo the seatbelt (that is attached to the rear door) to let a person in or out blows. But procreation didn't work out for us, so I would buy another one.

As far as aesthetics, I really do not like the 5.5ft bed behind a CrewCab. The 6.5ft SuperCrew is still a few inches shorter than my 8ft SuperCab, and would fit in the garage that is too short for the current truck.

But I ain't never gonna get a smaller tank, I Am Glad We Are Out Of Gas said nobody, ever. The big tank is handy when you are road tripping, but essential if you are going to tow. I just got done towing ~6500 pounds ~1600 miles, and once I got it figured out I was getting about 9.5mpg. One part of the trips had ~450mi legs out and back, the second part was ~380mi, so I was able to do both those journeys with only one fuel stop per leg. And I hate stopping for fuel when I am towing, you have to find a good place with enough room, then they are always busy, and if you are going to do a 4-500mi trip on one stop that limits your choices, it is always a PITA. ETA: Just realized 9.5mpg with 26gal is only 247mi, that's a hard no for me.

Well my 2020 F150 seems to have developed a lovely knew knocking sound. It almost sounds like something in the rear axle area is bouncing but I only hear it during low speed turns. I'm guessing its a differential problem but that's pretty disappointing with only 20,000 miles on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cmbarny2 View Post
    Well my 2020 F150 seems to have developed a lovely knew knocking sound. It almost sounds like something in the rear axle area is bouncing but I only hear it during low speed turns. I'm guessing its a differential problem but that's pretty disappointing with only 20,000 miles on it.
    That sucks. At least still under warranty, though, right?

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

AT4X is touched on here.

Available HUD and nicer interior, along with styling, vs the Chevy ZR2

https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/2023-canyon-at4x

Edition 1 special edition is now taking reservations.

Refundable Reservation Amount†
    $100
    Estimated Starting at MSRP (excludes DFC)†
    $63,350

Seems steep for a mid-size, but I expect there's some "special edition tax" in there.

https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/2023-canyon-at4x

Edition 1 special edition is now taking reservations.

Refundable Reservation Amount†
    $100
    Estimated Starting at MSRP (excludes DFC)†
    $63,350

Seems steep for a mid-size, but I expect there's some "special edition tax" in there.
    Reservations are full. Hopefully they'll release pricing soon on the non-1st edition models. As much as I keep pondering a Raptor or a Tremor, this seems like it suits my intended purpose better.

Anyone else feel like they should take all these marketing, and design, and other non-essential auto workers and train them on something useful like finding or making the parts they can’t seem to get?

What’s the point of all these rollouts, new announcements, first model limited edition orders, etc.? None of this shit is “real”.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List