Page 62 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The flutter or the visibility?
    everything. I don't even notice it. I have the "sport" and really wanted the hood delete option, but after already nearly having the cops called on me during my "negotiations" I figured I could live with the hood...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    The flutter or the visibility?

The Rebel is the best of the 5th gen 1500s, IMO, but I strongly prefer the 4th gen aesthetics. Especially with the sport hood, like the Warlock comes with now as a "Classic". For me the 5th and 3rd gen are the least appealing visually speaking solely of the exterior. 2nd, 4th, and 1st (in that order) are the best looking from the outside.

I’m biased but I still think the Gen 1 Raptor is the best looking modern truck on the road. I’d put the TRX behind it and then one of the Rebels. I haven’t paid enough attention to point out a 4th vs 5th.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I’m biased but I still think the Gen 1 Raptor is the best looking modern truck on the road. I’d put the TRX behind it and then one of the Rebels. I haven’t paid enough attention to point out a 4th vs 5th.
    The grill is the way to tell at a quick glance or by Braille:

4th gen has the Dodge crosshair grill in almost every trim, sometimes chrome and sometimes body color. Exceptions exist, like the Warlock has the Pringles Guy Mustache grill.

5th gen adds big emblems on the side of the hood that proclaim your motor size and presence of eTorque if applicable. They are chrome unless you get one of the cosmetic packages that make them black.

Multiple other differences, but that's the easiest way to tell.

I like all the generations of Raptor, and I don't think I've seen a bad Super Duty generation, though I like some better than others.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

TFL has a hands-on demonstration with a pre-production model that's worth the watch if you're interested in the new ZR2. No driving allowed, but did do a start up and all the important bits are there to be seen.

I find the idea of a half-pint "luxury" truck pretty odd, but here it is nonetheless

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I've got 650 miles on the tundra now just going to work and a short road trip. I haven't taken it offroad, just gravel roads. Couple things that bug me a little.

1. The truck shuts off when you remote start and then open the door or unlock it. Seems pretty dumb to me.
    2. If its parked on unlevel ground the fuel gauge will read full upon starting the truck (sometimes). Have to shut off the truck in drive, then put it in park and watch the gauge reset.
    3. The bed seems to move excessively in comparison to the cab. You can watch that fucker dance in the rearview mirror on bumpy roads. I imagine the less compliant bed with the composite construction probably has something to do with that.
    4. Definitely added a bit of turning radius in comparison to the Ram.

All in all I'm super happy with it. I just got some new LT (and bigger) tires on it and I'm pretty stoked to take it on some forest service & BLM trails.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I find the idea of a half-pint "luxury" truck pretty odd, but here it is nonetheless

I like the look, but I doubt I'd buy one. The AT4X would be more interesting to me, and I'm sure they'll have that video out before terribly long.

AT4X is touched on here.

Available HUD and nicer interior, along with styling, vs the Chevy ZR2

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I’m on the fence for truck downsizing as well. I had a 2013 Tundra TRD Rock Warrior I loved but traded it at 200k for a 2020 Limited which I really have grown to dislike for several reasons. Kids grown, just wife, new dog and me. A Tacoma sized truck (Canyon or similar);seems to make sense. I have become a Toyota fan, but their updating of the Tundra/Tacoma models (or really lack thereof) has got me looking elsewhere.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I did 700 miles over the last two days in the Raptor, it has made me really reconsider looking at a smaller truck. The drive was so easy and comfortable.

User Tag List