Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

@Behindbluei’s

Are you leaning towards the F150 Raptor or the Ranger Raptor? A small part of me is thinking about downsizing to the Ranger.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    @Behindbluei’s

Are you leaning towards the F150 Raptor or the Ranger Raptor? A small part of me is thinking about downsizing to the Ranger.
    If the Ranger was available in the US, I think I'd lean that way. *IF* I thought you could actually get one next year I would try and wait it out, but I think it's going to be another Bronco-esque/Maverick-esque/Lighning-esque launch and I'd end up truckless for years.

Side note, normal resting heart rate: Mid to upper 50's
    Resting heart rate while son is driving my truck: Mid to upper 80's. Mid 70's if I do my breathing exercises...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post

Side note, normal resting heart rate: Mid to upper 50's
    Resting heart rate while son is driving my truck: Mid to upper 80's. Mid 70's if I do my breathing exercises...
    My wife always wants to drive the Raptor, on the rare occasions she gets to she has to text me on arrival and leaving every stop. My HR is always 20 Bpm high waiting on those text. She won’t drive it with me in the truck unless I’ve had one too many which doesn’t happen when driving it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    My wife always wants to drive the Raptor, on the rare occasions she gets to she has to text me on arrival and leaving every stop. My HR is always 20 Bpm high waiting on those text. She won’t drive it with me in the truck unless I’ve had one too many which doesn’t happen when driving it.
    Ha! My wife is scared to death to drive my truck. Or any truck. She drove my F-250 *once* and wasn't at all happy about it. The other day she couldn't find her keys and I told my son to tell her to take my truck. Nope, she'd call in before she did that.

I don't mind my son driving, I don't even feel stressed out for the most part, but my heart rate says otherwise. He's only got 11 hours behind the wheel as of today, and isn't doing bad. Still can't back up for shit, but he'll get it sorted.

Ha! My wife is scared to death to drive my truck. Or any truck. She drove my F-250 *once* and wasn't at all happy about it. The other day she couldn't find her keys and I told my son to tell her to take my truck. Nope, she'd call in before she did that.

I don't mind my son driving, I don't even feel stressed out for the most part, but my heart rate says otherwise. He's only got 11 hours behind the wheel as of today, and isn't doing bad. Still can't back up for shit, but he'll get it sorted.
    When I started driving, my mom made me drive around the old cemetery. After nearly every turn I had to back around said turn. Place was deserted. It was safe. I learned to back quickly. (That was in a 64 Chevy with three speed)

I drove a new Ram Rebel today, well a 2021 but same-same, set up mostly how I'd order it. Bigger fuel tank, 3.92s, non-etorque hemi. It was perfectly acceptable and I'd be fine with it, but I think I still prefer the Tremor more. The Rebel was oddly like sitting in a hole. Even with the seat in the highest position I could see more hood than road. The cowl hood doesn't help, I guess, but the visibility was surprisingly poor for a full size truck. 8 speed didn't seem to make much difference in driving vs my 6 speed to me, and I hammered it to 85mph a couple times. Hood flutters a lot in the wind in an unsettling manner. I know it's just the aluminum skin, but the motion kept drawing my eye.

My wife prefers I buy new over used, so unless I get a screaming deal on a certified Raptor it looks like the Tremor is going to come out the winner. I could stretch a bit and get a new Raptor financially, but that's in a hypothetical world where you can actually get one. Like the Bronco, long wait times for ordered vehicles if you can even order one, no way to know when it'll actually be delivered, and I can't/won't pay $10-$20k above sticker for an off the lot one.

I drove a new Ram Rebel today, well a 2021 but same-same, set up mostly how I'd order it. Bigger fuel tank, 3.92s, non-etorque hemi. It was perfectly acceptable and I'd be fine with it, but I think I still prefer the Tremor more. The Rebel was oddly like sitting in a hole. Even with the seat in the highest position I could see more hood than road. The cowl hood doesn't help, I guess, but the visibility was surprisingly poor for a full size truck. 8 speed didn't seem to make much difference in driving vs my 6 speed to me, and I hammered it to 85mph a couple times. Hood flutters a lot in the wind in an unsettling manner. I know it's just the aluminum skin, but the motion kept drawing my eye.

My wife prefers I buy new over used, so unless I get a screaming deal on a certified Raptor it looks like the Tremor is going to come out the winner. I could stretch a bit and get a new Raptor financially, but that's in a hypothetical world where you can actually get one. Like the Bronco, long wait times for ordered vehicles if you can even order one, no way to know when it'll actually be delivered, and I can't/won't pay $10-$20k above sticker for an off the lot one.
    I like both trucks, but I trust Ford long term more. Either is better than GM in my opinion.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I like both trucks, but I trust Ford long term more. Either is better than GM in my opinion.
    It'll take me 14+ years to hit 100k miles if I keep my Camaro as well. I think both are pretty likely to survive my use long term.

I think I'd be satisfied with either and both have a few options the other doesn't. The Tremor just has more that I care about. A front locker, although not selectable. Aux switches. A better seating position. I think the camera system is more useful and the 'drive modes' inclusion is nice. I don't like the older version of Sync that much, but the brand new one with built in Alexa seems ideal for me since I use Amazon music predominately. The top trim headlights are LED projectors with dynamic bending, they actually rotate a bit to help you see around curves and not blind oncoming traffic. I have a strong appreciation for more and better lighting. As piddly as it may sound, the current headlights and sync version are very appealing to me. Antimatter Blue is such a nice color on these trucks. The Tremor orange accents seem to go with it better than I would have expected. I don't care about the orange interior stuff, but not a deal breaker. I like the center console shifter because reasons.

The Ram's rear end seems more settled over rough terrain. It's slightly better ride quality, but you're in Peas and Princesses territory for it to be a deal breaker. Nostalgia/auditory experience of a NA V8. If you want a pano sunroof, I see way less complaints about leaks or broken tracks on Ram forums vs Ford forums. The multi-function tailgate that opens like a barn door if you want it to is very appealing to me, not having to reach over the tailgate to remove luggage or items that slid deeper into the bed would be nice. There's an available HUD, and as mentioned I'm a sucker for a HUD, but it requires some expensive options I don't care about like built in nav. I don't have a ton of exposure to built in nav, but everyone I've been exposed to has been worse than just using Google Maps. Air suspension, but I don't think I'd option a truck with it as I think it's an inevitable time bomb. 2 tone standard, flame red over black or hydro blue over black look very nice. I'm not a huge fan of the dial shifter, but will say in the 5th gen it's more visible and accessible than I remember it being in the late 4th gens.

When I bought my ram, coming from a Tacoma in particular, I thought the hood would be an issue but like anything else you get used to it pretty quick.

The aesthetic of the rebel turned me off when it was introduced, and hasn’t gotten better. The tremor has some style cues I don’t care for, but it’s not quite as bad boy” as the rebel.

Name:  F96C4DD9-68D1-421D-8ADC-D1BA00D08CBA.png
Views: 315
Size:  22.2 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    When I bought my ram, coming from a Tacoma in particular, I thought the hood would be an issue but like anything else you get used to it pretty quick.
    The flutter or the visibility?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The aesthetic of the rebel turned me off when it was introduced, and hasn’t gotten better.
    Name:  F96C4DD9-68D1-421D-8ADC-D1BA00D08CBA.png
Views: 315
Size:  22.2 KB
    The Rebel is the best of the 5th gen 1500s, IMO, but I strongly prefer the 4th gen aesthetics. Especially with the sport hood, like the Warlock comes with now as a "Classic". For me the 5th and 3rd gen are the least appealing visually speaking solely of the exterior. 2nd, 4th, and 1st (in that order) are the best looking from the outside.

Inside, the 5th gen is very nice. I don't care for the "normal" Rebel's red trim on the inside, although my wife likes it. I prefer the black/gray trim that comes with a couple of the packages. Not a fan of the dial shifter, although as stated not as much as I didn't like it on the late 4th gens.

Speaking solely of interior aesthetics, and it hurts a little to say this, GM's kind of nailed it with the newest Silverado in the upper trims. Even the screen integration looks good. I'm still iffy on the exterior, but it's a big improvement over what it's replacing.

User Tag List