Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    IIRC the fastest option in any current-production F150 is the hybrid.
    Order banks are closed right now for everything but Raptors and diesels and while the PowerBoost is cool it's not what I'm looking for. They are supposed to reopen in July, but production won't start until sometime in the Fall. I'm in no hurry. If my OT stays steady, I can pay cash by the time my truck gets here. I may not, depending on what rates are for loans vs savings, but it's nice to have the option.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Order banks are closed right now for everything but Raptors and diesels and while the PowerBoost is cool it's not what I'm looking for. They are supposed to reopen in July, but production won't start until sometime in the Fall. I'm in no hurry. If my OT stays steady, I can pay cash by the time my truck gets here. I may not, depending on what rates are for loans vs savings, but it's nice to have the option.
    I signed up for price alerts on a 2019 F150 at a local dealer. So of course a sales guy tries to get me in right away and I told him I don’t want to waste his time I just want to know if they lower the price. He tells me that Ford currently has 0% financing but that ends at the end of this month and new rates come out next month.

My response was: “That’s great but I’m shopping for a price, not an interest rate. If you can meet my price I’m prepared to pay cash if necessary.”

No response after that.

If an f150 sport in lead foot grey with the hybrid came up used, I might not be able to resist. Even with a premium…

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I signed up for price alerts on a 2019 F150 at a local dealer. So of course a sales guy tries to get me in right away and I told him I don’t want to waste his time I just want to know if they lower the price. He tells me that Ford currently has 0% financing but that ends at the end of this month and new rates come out next month.

My response was: “That’s great but I’m shopping for a price, not an interest rate. If you can meet my price I’m prepared to pay cash if necessary.”

No response after that.
    FWIW and IMO and all that but…

Cash doesn’t appear to be king at dealerships anymore. And I stopped with the “I care about the sales price, not the payment” a few cars back.

Just don’t be stupid about it. It should go without saying, but if you do the math ahead of time, and understand what months X payments means in terms of the total price you’re after, negotiating around payment isn’t as stupid as the pundits and geezers may have you believe. Even if you have the cash, 0% is 0%, and even if it’s not 0% their incentives may get you to a lower overall price if you agree to the financing upfront. Just make sure there’s no pre-payment penalty.

When we bought the MIL’s car we financed and actually got a better overall price up front, then simply paid it off in full after the first payment (iirc we had to make at least one normal payment).

Tldr: don’t let outdated opinions like “cash is king” cost you money. Often, these days, in car buying, it isn’t.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Maybe this guy would sell…

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

options that are unique to the G/T that I would like to have
    curious to know what those are. When it was first annonced I was super interested, but when I saw the list that interest cooled. I wonder if I missed something.

curious to know what those are. When it was first annonced I was super interested, but when I saw the list that interest cooled. I wonder if I missed something.
    I prefer the G/T's gray/black/silver interior to the red trim and stitching that otherwise comes in the Rebel. I prefer the console shifter and paddles to the dial shifter. The ambient lighting in the cab may be a nice touch, dunno, haven't seen it. The rest of it is either things you can get other ways, like heated seats, or things I don't really care about.

https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/...504755882.html

Full of 70s and 80s cool. Honestly, not a bad price if it's as represented. Not quite my thing, but figured it was fun to share.

Honestly, not a bad price if it's as represented.
    Yeah, with current prices that is a reasonable price for a reliable truck!

Saw this in the wild (Brookville OH) on Saturday (I know this is the "old" version):

Name:  Tremor in the wild.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  64.0 KB

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    https://indianapolis.craigslist.org/...504755882.html

Full of 70s and 80s cool. Honestly, not a bad price if it's as represented. Not quite my thing, but figured it was fun to share.
    I've looked underneath enough midwest trucks to fully expect the chassis to have rust painted/undercoated over, and filler under that paint. The bed floor is diamond plate. People don't do that to clean, rust-free sheetmetal. Would still go look at it if I was in the market.

I'm more of a long bed, smooth side kinda guy. If I was throwing large amounts of money around, Godzillaing something like this would be fun.

https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...ennessee-37086
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    If an f150 sport in lead foot grey with the hybrid came up used, I might not be able to resist. Even with a premium…

FWIW and IMO and all that but…

Cash doesn’t appear to be king at dealerships anymore. And I stopped with the “I care about the sales price, not the payment” a few cars back.

Just don’t be stupid about it. It should go without saying, but if you do the math ahead of time, and understand what months X payments means in terms of the total price you’re after, negotiating around payment isn’t as stupid as the pundits and geezers may have you believe. Even if you have the cash, 0% is 0%, and even if it’s not 0% their incentives may get you to a lower overall price if you agree to the financing upfront. Just make sure there’s no pre-payment penalty.

When we bought the MIL’s car we financed and actually got a better overall price up front, then simply paid it off in full after the first payment (iirc we had to make at least one normal payment).

Tldr: don’t let outdated opinions like “cash is king” cost you money. Often, these days, in car buying, it isn’t.
    Right. If you pay $X for a truck, the dealer gets their $X right now whether you pay cash or finance it. They don't care either way. From what I understand, they'd actually rather get the kickback on financing.

My Tundra's financed at 2.9%. Figured it was easier to keep coming up with the payment each month than pay cash and save up another $50,000.

User Tag List