Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    For my purposes, and assuming I can get over driving this thing every day, it has a lot of benefits over the truck and (so far as I can tell) no practical downsides for my *needs*.
    Let's be honest, you'd carry a knock off purse before you'd drive that. Of all the things you won't buy, that's the first one you won't buy.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I'm 100% sure it's been standard for the 5th gen since the start, but I went ahead and asked the fleet manager and the salesmen I deal with. Both said every 5th gen ram has push button start standard but "awhile back" some chip shortage vehicles were exceptions and only got one fob and turn-fob start. Current production is, and I quote "not fast but you get two keys [he means fobs] and push button start."

I didn't ask about proximity entry.
    ...and that was a dangerous call because now he's seeing if there's some way to custom order the upgraded headlights into the Big Horn "Back Country" with a customer order.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Let's be honest, you'd carry a knock off purse before you'd drive that. Of all the things you won't buy, that's the first one you won't buy.
    Meh, I drive our campervan around pretty frequently now. It's built on a Promaster chassis. That's part of what has me thinking of a van as a daily driver(ish). Keeping the miles and wear and tear off the (far more expensive) campervan, still getting some of the features in a daily driver (mobile office/toilet/activity bus), and possibly getting out of the campervan altogether and dividing those duties up into van in one vehicle, camper in another.

Some of the tolerance for daily driving a van has to do with how you "do it up".

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

RAM gets pretty… dodgy… with how they describe the two systems.

1) Keyless entry is simply grabbing the handle and unlocking the door without taking the key out of your pocket.
    2) Enter-n-go does that too, PLUS gives you push-button start.

If you have #1, you still have to take the key out, put it in the ignition, and press the button. If you have #2, which starts at the Laramie level, not the Big Horn (but maybe the Rebel, I think, has it)! Your key never has to leave your pocket. You get in, and push the button.

So you can see how buyers get confused.
    Not exactly tracking here...I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x2. Standard equipment lists "Push-Button Start" and "Remote Keyless Entry".

Only way to unlock the truck is by using one of the two key fobs. You can't unlock my truck by just grasping the handle. After that, the fob can go back in your pocket. The truck starts, assuming one or the other fob is inside the cab, by pushing the "start" button. There is no "key" or ignition switch to insert it into.

I bought it used, so I didn't get to pick and choose options. If I did, I most likely would have opted for whatever package or option allowed me to enter/unlock just by grabbing the door handle. This is about the only gripe my wife has about the truck; her Lexus had this as standard, and she's not thrilled she has to rummage for her key fob in her purse ("and this truck fob is REALLY big too!") to unlock.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    RAM gets pretty… dodgy… with how they describe the two systems.

1) Keyless entry is simply grabbing the handle and unlocking the door without taking the key out of your pocket.
    My Tundra has this and I love it. You can also tap the door handle and it locks.

Only works on the front doors though, so it's not much help throwing an armful of groceries in the back seat.

Re: the Ram enter-n-go, I think I had it wrong yesterday. Or, backwards.

What I was said was that the Big Horn and below lacked the “go” when it is actually the lack of “enter” with key in pocket.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Re: the Ram enter-n-go, I think I had it wrong yesterday. Or, backwards.

What I was said was that the Big Horn and below lacked the “go” when it is actually the lack of “enter” with key in pocket.
    So...what I said then. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    In case anyone is in the market, Costco is running a sale on Michelin tires in my area (maybe yours too?) of $150 off, through 2/27.
    I did end up getting approval from SWMBO, so I ordered a set of Defender LTX 275/55R20's a week or so and had them put on my truck today. We had some Costco Certificate money from 2021 that I applied, plus the $150 off helped; I ended up at $656 out the door for a set of four. Warranty is 70k miles. Ride is slightly firmer, more supple. These are the same tire type I had on my '16 Ram 2500 I was pretty happy with, so I am set for tires for a while now.

Name:  IMG_0525s.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  70.0 KB

Getting closer to having the rig set up for hunting/exploring Texas. Finally put together the bed top rack to carry a 37” spare and 3 5 gallon jugs (2 for fuel and 1 for water).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    Getting closer to having the rig set up for hunting/exploring Texas. Finally put together the bed top rack to carry a 37” spare and 3 5 gallon jugs (2 for fuel and 1 for water).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that a retrax cover?

How do you like it?

User Tag List