Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Is that a retrax cover?

How do you like it?
    This.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Is that a retrax cover?

How do you like it?
    Retrax pro, the rack is attached to it. I like it a lot so far now that the rack is on it. I did not go electric roll up and don’t regret it at all. It’s been great securing gear in the bed out of sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

I’ll give a better update when I’m back from Big Bend running the trails/unimproved roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Site Supporter
    I have a retrax on my 2012 Frontier. I put it on in spring 2013 and I'm still happy with it.
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    My local dealership got a RAM Rebel in stock so I stopped in and took a look. It's a nice truck, but its not different enough from my current Ram Express in ways I care about to get me excited. The biggest thing I liked was the panoramic sunroof, which was even bigger in person than the photos made me think it would be. I like the option of having so much light in the cab without the noise of an open sunroof if I choose. There's more cubbies and storage spaces in the cab, but I've never wanted for them in my current truck. Seat and ride quality are samey-same. 8 speed vs 6 speed transmission is a meh difference and the motor is the exact same. I don't really care for the dial shifter on the dash, but you can get a center console one with the G/T package. All in all, aside from the sunroof and headlight upgrades there was nothing I found exciting.

I don't think I'd buy a new RAM unless my truck was totaled out or something. It's just not enough improvement to justify the cost to me.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Decided to pass on a Bronco (not that I could find one anyways) and picked up a Ridgeline today. That Retrax Cover looks like the best option - they hood up well?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Selling my travel trailer and want to downsize my truck. Ford Maverick Hybrid seems like a good daily driver and literal weekend trash hauler. They are sold out everywhere and a guy wanted $5k over sticker to takeover his order. Nope!

Finally saw one yesterday at a dealer, special order the owner hadn't picked up yet. Wow, its tiny. But yeah, for what I need its probably a reasonable mini-truck. Wife is worried its less safe than the F-150 and that is probably true.

I thought this infographic of the Maverick size was interesting, but I’d love to see something similar comparing it to a pm older Ranger, or first-Gen Tacoma…

ETA:
    This is a start
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ford-maverick/

the 2022 Maverick is about six inches longer than the 1990 Ranger, but its bed is 18 inches shorter. In fact, at 54 inches long, the Maverick’s bed falls roughly between the 41.5-inch box that appended the Subaru Baja and the 61-inch short bed on the 2021 Ranger. (The 1979 Chevy Luv, by the way, offered a 90-inch bed on long-bed versions.)

Name:  3B48DECC-B1BB-4E70-A6EF-AC6B73934BD8.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  47.3 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Selling my travel trailer and want to downsize my truck. Ford Maverick Hybrid seems like a good daily driver and literal weekend trash hauler. They are sold out everywhere and a guy wanted $5k over sticker to takeover his order. Nope!

Finally saw one yesterday at a dealer, special order the owner hadn't picked up yet. Wow, its tiny. But yeah, for what I need its probably a reasonable mini-truck. Wife is worried its less safe than the F-150 and that is probably true.
    Never assume a larger vehicle is safer. Safety has everything to do with containment, intrusion, and energy management. Check actual crash test ratings to confirm.

Not saying the F150 isnt safer, just that size is not an indicator.

Never assume a larger vehicle is safer. Safety has everything to do with containment, intrusion, and energy management. Check actual crash test ratings to confirm.

Not saying the F150 isnt safer, just that size is not an indicator.
    Not unlike carrying a gun, I think that for most people what they really want or mean is a PERCEPTION of safety, or a FEELING of safety.

And I can’t say I blame them. Even if someone told me that a Miata was safer than my Ram, even if Al, the data in the world proved it, I’d still probably prefer driving my Ram and I’d “feel” safer doing so.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List