Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I think Ford is going to get my money this go round. I did drive a Power Wagon. It's awesome to sit in, it's awesome to drive at speeds up to 30-ish mph. Then it really starts showing the weight of the vehicle and how it's still sprung as a 3/4 ton truck. It *feels* solid, though, like if you knew you were going to be in a vehicle crash this week you'd drive this thing everywhere.
    Lol, yeah I set mine up on 37” tires and a full Thuren suspension system with Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks. It runs pretty plush now and handles night and day better then stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Not specific to trucks, and I know the answer is "ease of manufacturing and profitability" but WTF CAN I NOT ORDER A TRUCK WITH OPTIONS A LA CARTE?

Fuck me. No final decisions made, but I've got request for bids out on Gladiator, F-150 Tremor, and Ram 1500 Rebel. I can swing any of those new, whereas the Raptor would have to be a used one.

The Gladiator is actually the most reasonable on not giving me a bunch of useless bullshit I don't want in order to get something I actually do want.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Not specific to trucks, and I know the answer is "ease of manufacturing and profitability" but WTF CAN I NOT ORDER A TRUCK WITH OPTIONS A LA CARTE?

Fuck me. No final decisions made, but I've got request for bids out on Gladiator, F-150 Tremor, and Ram 1500 Rebel. I can swing any of those new, whereas the Raptor would have to be a used one.

The Gladiator is actually the most reasonable on not giving me a bunch of useless bullshit I don't want in order to get something I actually do want.
    The market doesn't want to pay for a la carte
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I only have carpet because I wanted sat radio.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

So get this shit: If you order a Ram with the "auto 4x4" case, the transfer case is clutch based, does not lock up even in 4H or 4L and can overheat. The G/T *only* comes with the "auto 4x4" transfer case. Kind of ridiculous that your supposed top end offroad truck outside the TRX can't actually offroad effectively. I found a place that will do 5.5% under invoice + $889 for retail orders if you'll finance through Chyrsler for at least 3 months.

The new Silverado does not have an optional larger gas tank, and with the 6.2L has the shortest range of any full size I looked at. It does not have lockers as an option until the 70k+ ZR2. The interior is actually pretty decent on the newest ones.

I still can't find a Tremor in a 100 mile radius to drive.

So get this shit: If you order a Ram with the "auto 4x4" case, the transfer case is clutch based, does not lock up even in 4H or 4L and can overheat. The G/T *only* comes with the "auto 4x4" transfer case. Kind of ridiculous that your supposed top end offroad truck outside the TRX can't actually offroad effectively. I found a place that will do 5.5% under invoice + $889 for retail orders if you'll finance through Chyrsler for at least 3 months.

The new Silverado does not have an optional larger gas tank, and with the 6.2L has the shortest range of any full size I looked at. It does not have lockers as an option until the 70k+ ZR2. The interior is actually pretty decent on the newest ones.

I drove a 2022 Tremor today. High package, but otherwise pretty much as I would order it. It's a very solid contender, much of what I like about the Raptor without much of what makes the Raptor les than ideal. It's still a big truck, but it's not a giant truck. I don't know what the numbers are, but it felt at least as quick as the Raptor. I know the Raptor has more power, but don't know the power/weight ratio or wheel/rim weight differences. Whatever the differences are, they are academic, as I'd be satisifed with both. The ride quality was good, although this salesman wasn't as cool about me trying to find a pothole to do 80 over.

Both Fords impressed me.

I drove a 2022 Tremor today. High package, but otherwise pretty much as I would order it. It's a very solid contender, much of what I like about the Raptor without much of what makes the Raptor les than ideal. It's still a big truck, but it's not a giant truck. I don't know what the numbers are, but it felt at least as quick as the Raptor. I know the Raptor has more power, but don't know the power/weight ratio or wheel/rim weight differences. Whatever the differences are, they are academic, as I'd be satisifed with both. The ride quality was good, although this salesman wasn't as cool about me trying to find a pothole to do 80 over.

Both Fords impressed me.
    I had a 2016 F-150 with the 3.5L Ecoboost and that thing was ridiculously quick, especially in Sport mode. I’ve never ridden in a Raptor so I can’t really compare.

Towing/hauling in mine was excellent within the limits of a half ton.

I doubt I’ll ever go back to a naturally aspirated engine.
    Last edited by Coal Train; 06-28-2022 at 03:21 PM.

IIRC the fastest option in any current-production F150 is the hybrid.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

My '15 Laramie has that, hasn't been an issue. It's essentially a glorified station wagon for me, so that might be why. Use the Auto 4WD quite a bit in the winter.

I thought that the Rebel had the transfer case without auto, but it could have changed. I like using the 4WD auto and use 4WD quite a bit on pavement. I wouldn't buy a 4WD without it, but like I said I'm not rock crawling or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bofe954 View Post

I thought that the Rebel had the transfer case without auto, but it could have changed.
    Rebel by default has the 44-45, the transfer case that can actually lock in to 4wd. Adding the G/T package forces you to also add the "auto" which moves you to the 44-44 with clutches. The G/T adds options that are unique to the G/T that I would like to have, but unfortunately is now out of the running.

Yes, for light duty and on road slippery stuff, it's fine.

User Tag List