Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v.../2023-colorado

Underbody cameras are pretty smart.
    You can watch your catalytic converter get chopped off in real time.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    You can watch your catalytic converter get chopped off in real time.
    Deployable Taser cartridges on the 2025 model, watch.

I wonder if the skid plates cover the cats? Some factory off road packages do, but I don't think it's the norm. Plenty of aftermarket ones do, though.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Did 480mi yesterday towing the ~6700 pound boat, and I continue to be pleased with the 3.5EB and max tow F-150 package. Climbing in elevation and the speed limit in northern Michigan is 75mph, in 5th that is 2500RPM, good for 420FP. Cruise control holds with almost no downshifts.

Mikeage sucks, but gas trucks suck while towing.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I liked the old Tundra so much I tried to buy one of the last few 2021 models built. The dealer only had a few and they had lots of people who wanted one. No Tundra for me. I couldn't swing the deal. I think the new Tundra is a disaster.
    I guess I'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I think the ST is compelling if you don't want/need offroad capability. SUVs are really a better value than trucks right now, as well, more for the money IMO. I just know/strongly suspect I would regret not having a truck bed at some point and hate the 'but trailer' argument. The aboslute last thing I want is yet another thing to find a place to park. I absolutely refuse to have to move one vehicle to get another vehicle out of the garage or driveway, and I will die on that hill. It was something I refused to compromise on when buying a house. No street only parking, no playing Tetris to park, no unpacking to get to any vehicle I want when I want it.
    I'm not sure how people live in cities with on street parking. We visit relatives that live in a very old city neighborhood. They share a driveway with an apt. They have off street parking (barely) for their two compact vehicles but if anyone visits they have to park on the street. I hate that and one of the reasons I don't like going there. When everyone parks on the street there's only room for one vehicle to use the street. People have to back up or find a space to get to the curb. Streets are maybe 30' wide. 30' was the standard right of way width here 100 years ago for country roads and city streets.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'm not sure how people live in cities with on street parking. We visit relatives that live in a very old city neighborhood. They share a driveway with an apt. They have off street parking (barely) for their two compact vehicles but if anyone visits they have to park on the street. I hate that and one of the reasons I don't like going there. When everyone parks on the street there's only room for one vehicle to use the street. People have to back up or find a space to get to the curb. Streets are maybe 30' wide. 30' was the standard right of way width here 100 years ago for country roads and city streets.
    It’s like anything else, pros and cons.

When we visited Ballard, outside of Seattle, we had a rental car and the parking was pretty much all on-street like you describe where it chokes the street down to one lane, resulting in some pretty entertaining gymnastics.

But, we also didn’t really need the car much. And the parking situation helped convince us to walk distances that we’d likely have otherwise driven, and I thoroughly enjoyed those walks.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I got caught up in that bait and switch BS with a Toyota dealer last year. They must be on Toyotas shit list because they still don't have any inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It’s like anything else, pros and cons.

When we visited Ballard, outside of Seattle, we had a rental car and the parking was pretty much all on-street like you describe where it chokes the street down to one lane, resulting in some pretty entertaining gymnastics.

But, we also didn’t really need the car much. And the parking situation helped convince us to walk distances that we’d likely have otherwise driven, and I thoroughly enjoyed those walks.
    I used to live in the Greenwood neighborhood in the 70's. Where I lived the city had not yet built sidewalks. We were about 3 blocks from a shopping center. Those neighborhoods have a strong appeal to people under 40 but not many can afford it. Relatives of mine moved out of Seattle a few years ago because they couldn't afford the rent. The relatives I mentioned above live in Bellingham in one of the oldest neighborhoods in that city. They can walk to the city center and waterfront. A half a dozen cafes/restaurants and taverns within walking distance.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Did 480mi yesterday towing the ~6700 pound boat, and I continue to be pleased with the 3.5EB and max tow F-150 package. Climbing in elevation and the speed limit in northern Michigan is 75mph, in 5th that is 2500RPM, good for 420FP. Cruise control holds with almost no downshifts.

Mikeage sucks, but gas trucks suck while towing.
    Where in Northern MI?

User Tag List