Page 88 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    We put over 4000mi on the truck chasing birds this fall.
    This is 10,000% awesome.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Train View Post
    This is 10,000% awesome.
    It adds up fast. A few up north then a big one out west. Boom! Oil change time. Lol
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

7.3L Ford

Anyone here running the Ford 7.3L gasser?

Quote Originally Posted by dmiculek View Post
    Anyone here running the Ford 7.3L gasser?
    A friend has had one for a few years. It seems to be holding up well but gets around 13MPG.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    A friend has had one for a few years. It seems to be holding up well but gets around 13MPG.
    Should have spent $11K more (and an extra 50 cents a gallon) and got 2-3 mpg better

Brother has a 6.6 Chev gas and gets 13-16 depending. Traded in a DM that only got 1-2 mpg better (also the “9th” injector was going) it had 80-90 k on it.

He has been a diesel guy since mid 80’s (think Chev 6.2 then Ford 7.3D then Duramax) and is super happy with gas.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Should have spent $11K more (and an extra 50 cents a gallon) and got 2-3 mpg better

Brother has a 6.6 Chev gas and gets 13-16 depending. Traded in a DM that only got 1-2 mpg better (also the “9th” injector was going) it had 80-90 k on it.

He has been a diesel guy since mid 80’s (think Chev 6.2 then Ford 7.3D then Duramax) and is super happy with gas.
    And that $11k is just the buy-in, not factoring in any additional maintenance and repairs (*cough* high pressure fuel system and emissions system *cough*). Diesels have about priced themselves out of relevancy for a lot of buyers.

There was an article I read a couple years ago in a fleet management magazine/website about fleets switching to gas engines in a several applications that were traditionally diesel. A lot of fleet managers were saying that with the increased initial cost, fuel, and maintenance/upkeep costs on diesel trucks, there wasn't much upside over gas models. And the cost delta didn't offset by the time the vehicles were surplused out.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Got rear ended. Yes, again. Anybody know if this looks like frame rails might be bent?

Driver did a hit and run, but I’d guess he hit maybe 25-30 mph.

Stand by for pics.

Name:  IMG_3500.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  71.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_3503.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  66.7 KB
    Last edited by RJ; 12-15-2023 at 03:52 PM.

Site Supporter

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Got rear ended. Yes, again. Anybody know if this looks like frame rails might be bent?

Driver did a hit and run, but I’d guess he hit maybe 25-30 mph.

Stand by for pics.

Name:  IMG_3500.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  71.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_3503.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  66.7 KB
    Looks like a crunch. I don’t think any frame damage. But until you open it up.
    I know typical body shop guy.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post

I bought a lightly used '22 F350. I bought mine to carry a truck camper.

User Tag List