Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Except the dumbass dial shifter on the dash, which can be eliminated by getting the GT package.
    FWIW, I really disliked that conceptually before I had my RAM. Now I love it because it gives me back so much center console space. I hate the idea of a center shifter now as it's such a waste of space.

Funnily enough, when I "build & price" a Ford I always choose the workstation option that allows you to fold down the shifter and open/expand the armrest into a table.

Adding in the center shifter is just one of many disappointments I have with that "GT" nonsense...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    FWIW, I really disliked that conceptually before I had my RAM. Now I love it because it gives me back so much center console space. I hate the idea of a center shifter now as it's such a waste of space.

Funnily enough, when I "build & price" a Ford I always choose the workstation option that allows you to fold down the shifter and open/expand the armrest into a table.

Adding in the center shifter is just one of many disappointments I have with that "GT" nonsense...

I started out feeling very under whelmed with the dial but after enjoying the cavernous center console, I wouldn't ever want to go back to shifter. The GT shifter is all electric so it just a big stick in the way besides, where would I put my bucket of chicken? There is a guy on etsy making shift dial decals, some are even cool looking... https://www.etsy.com/listing/7066300...RoCrgwQAvD_BwE

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I don't need more console space. I don't use much of what I already have. I like no look shifting because reasons, though, and I'm still the guy who lifts his ass up by shoving down on the dead pedal and actually looks out the back glass to back up instead of trusting the backup camera. Which makes it even dumber that I'm enthralled with the 360 camera systems, but I don't feel the need to be consistent in my gadgetry loves and disdains.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I've done the "build n price" on the 2022 Silverado RST 6.2L several times now. the 6.2L wasn't available in the RST in the previous model, and even now it requires you to choose 4WD. But it's there.

I keep complaining that nobody is building a "street truck" but frankly this combination is kind of it. Just as fast as a Raptor or a F150 hybrid, and with a real V8, but with more appropriate styling for a city truck.

with Redline Edition Package (20in rims)
    Name:  2022-05-06 13_51_16-Silverado 1500 for Sale_ 2022 Silverado 1500 Pricing _ Chevrolet.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  26.6 KB

Without Redline but adding 22in rims
    Name:  2022-05-06 13_52_39-Silverado 1500 for Sale_ 2022 Silverado 1500 Pricing _ Chevrolet.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  26.1 KB
    Last edited by rob_s; 05-06-2022 at 01:19 PM.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    I've done the "build n price" on the 2022 Silverado RST 6.2L several times now. the 6.2L wasn't available in the RST in the previous model, and even now it requires you to choose 4WD. But it's there.

I keep complaining that nobody is building a "street truck" but frankly this combination is kind of it. Just as fast as a Raptor or a F150 hybrid, and with a real V8, but with more appropriate styling for a city truck.

with Redline Edition Package (20in rims)
    Name:  2022-05-06 13_51_16-Silverado 1500 for Sale_ 2022 Silverado 1500 Pricing _ Chevrolet.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  26.6 KB

Without Redline but adding 22in rims
    Name:  2022-05-06 13_52_39-Silverado 1500 for Sale_ 2022 Silverado 1500 Pricing _ Chevrolet.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  26.1 KB
    that’s exactly what I was wanting when I bought my truck last year. I was only going Chevy if I could get the 6.2 but couldn’t find one anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I have become somewhat enthralled with the 360 camera systems on the new trucks. I'm not entirely sure why I like the idea so much, but it's such a cool feature. Kind of like the HUD in my Camaro, my enjoyment of the gadget is likely not proportionate to the actual usefulness.
    Oh no...fantastically useful. Perfect parking every time, never kiss a curb. When I was learning the truck I used it to check I was hitting my stop marks. Yesterday I used it to drive around some gnarly tire-shredding debris in heavy traffic.

And the only thing I wish I had on my 2022 Lariat is the Chevy's HUD. Although the digital dash is really cool.

I've done the "build n price" on the 2022 Silverado RST 6.2L several times now.
    I've looked at the new Silverado ZR2 several times on the build/price. It's the first Chevy in recent history that I've liked the interior. It's also damn pricey, real close to F-150 Raptor territory. The 6.2L is a good motor, although it's pricey to feed and wants premium on top of that. It's legtimately capable offroad as well, although being a full size it'd be tough to find places to use it locally, same issue as with the Tremor, Raptor, or Power Wagon. That's the main reason I'm really considering going to the midsize truck next time. Basically what I want is:

Enough offroad capability to do level 1 and some level 2 trails in various national parks and recreational areas.
    Enough onroad capability to not be fatiguing to drive for multi-day/week loops to get to some of those places.
    Still fits in urban parking situations more often then not.
    500-ish miles of range on a full tank. Some of the places we want to go don't have a lot of infrastructure support.
    Enough power to run 85-ish comfortably for long periods of time out west and to pass in the mountains.
    Secured storage, either via large lockbox or hard locking bed cover.
    Body on frame, ability to utilize rock rails/sliders.

The Gladiator checks some boxes, but definitely not all. The Canyon ZR2 would be a strong competitor if the interior wasn't so *fucking* terrible. I'm really hoping the Ranger Raptor isn't vaporware and isn't priced at equal to or more than an F-150 Tremor.

I'm 10k miles into my Ranger FX4 now. I have to say I really like it so far. I'm actually really impressed with the 2.3l. It's done well towing and mileage has been great. My average for the last 2500 miles has been 22.5 mpg, which includes towing a bunch of PWCs and small boats.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    GM is throwing a lot of money on trucks to try to move some iron until 1/3.
    GM. Yeah, they need someone to buy some trucks.

You could probably reduce a salesman to tears right now. I have a wife and kids at home to feed.

I had a Toyota salesman blow up on me when I told him no deal when negotiating on a 2021 Tundra.

Times are tough in the auto industry these days and they aren't getting any better.

Save your money. In a few years all those thousands of 21's and 22's that sat around waiting for chips will be on the market at reduced prices. New old stock will be a negotiating point in your favor.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Gas prices may be starting to bring truck prices down a bit. A 2019 F-150 Raptor that I keep reminding myself I don't want and be patient for the Ranger version has been on the lot for over 3 months and has dropped several thousand in asking price without moving. The local RAM dealer has removed their "market adjustment" of $2k over MSRP on their trucks and Jeeps. Obviously Broncos are still made of 83% unobtanium but I'm thinking the broader market may be getting softer for the non-halo vehicles.

User Tag List