Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    You have studied this more than me, maybe I will try using it more... (2014 F-150)
    I dug into all of it when truck shopping, comparing Jeep Gladiator vs Ford Tremor vs Ford Raptor vs Ram Rebel vs Ram Power Wagon vs Chevrolet ZR2 offerings.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    The bonus is despite the '20 being a year older, it's lower mileage and a 4x4, which I always wanted.

I'm not really that truck savvy, so I'll need to read up on the 2WD, 4Auto, 4Hi and 4Low options. I did read the manual and watch some videos, so I am pretty much going to leave it in 2WD unless maybe I get into heavy rain or bad weather; I don't typically go off road. Still, if we ever tow again, I will value having the option, there were a couple times in RV parks I appreciated having 4WD previously.
    The 4Auto option is nice in a 4-season climate. I appreciated it a lot in the winter in Nebraska, where the highways were mostly cleared but you could hit a patch of snow or ice here and there. My '98 4x4 Durango and '95 GMC Sierra were floor shift with no auto option. You could manually shift on the fly, but the Auto function in my work Tahoe was practically seamless...automatic, even It would just engage when it felt slippage. While you probably won't be dealing with snow and ice in Florida, I can definitely see the utility in driving rainstorms and the like.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I dug into all of it when truck shopping, comparing Jeep Gladiator vs Ford Tremor vs Ford Raptor vs Ram Rebel vs Ram Power Wagon vs Chevrolet ZR2 offerings.
    I need to do some more research, instead of ASSuming my ten year old truck is not the same as I thought my twenty year old truck was, and also not ASSume it is like the new ones.
    When driving locally in the winter if nothing else it would save wear and tear on the IWEs (the Ford gadgets that engage the hubs). I wish instead of replacing them when I did I could have retrofitted old fashioned locking hubs, but probably since locking hubs are maybe the most misunderstood device in the history of modern man there is no aftermarket option. There is an aftermarket option to eliminate them (there are even little nubs to park the vacuum lines on the eliminators), and if I have to replace them again I will probably eliminate them. At this point the truck is our third vehicle and if it only gets used when we need/want a truck having locked hubs would be NBD.

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I’m a big Toyota fan but the new Tundras are ugly.

I read somewhere that Jeep is “slashing” prices too. Per the article, apparently slashing doesn’t mean what I think it should mean. A grand total of $1700 off of a Gladiator.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    apparently slashing doesn’t mean what I think it should mean.
    Apparently flooded doesn't mean what I think it should mean, the nearby small town Toyota dealer has eighty-eight new Toyotas, seven of them are Tundras.

I read somewhere that Jeep is “slashing” prices too. Per the article, apparently slashing doesn’t mean what I think it should mean. A grand total of $1700 off of a Gladiator.
    When I was looking for my truck there were good deals on the Gladiators. I think they are overpriced relative to the colorado/canyon and need to come down. You can get a Canyon AT4 or Colorado Z71 for $45-$50ish MSRP. I don't think the Mojave and Rubicon can sell for $65-$70 with those trucks around.

I generally think it's better to buy in July or later when the next year's models are looming, or start showing up on the lots.

Tundras are ugly but resale will still be vastly superior to domestic

The above youtube video is clickbate shit he has no clue about the market he quotes a discount on a 2wd truck

Dealers can't give away Gladiators they are big shitty driving and un-capable and expensive and Jeep quality (not)

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Base models went down in price, mid and upper trims went up in price, at least as far as MSRP. 2023s have some pretty good incentives because 2024s are out. The new interior is pretty sharp on the upper trims, one of the most usable screen layouts I've seen in any vehicle.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

It has been a while since I've seen the last model year still on the lot new.

User Tag List