Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    I’ll be buying used and a few years old so I’m leaning towards the 5.0 since used turbos make me nervous.
    Not saying right or wrong, but searching used for the engine with a lower take rate will make it tougher to find.

Kinda surprised I hadn’t herd of this

https://www.caranddriver.com/ram/dakota
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

After building out and ordering a custom GMC, the Rona fucked that all up, and I got lucky and found almost (close enough anyway) to what I ordered sitting on the lot. Wife said “buy it today or it’ll be gone tomorrow”.

Ok.

Ended up with a Chevy HD2500 LTZ which does exactly what I need it to do. Now to find a GM mechanic that will disable the bullshit Governor.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giving Back View Post
    Now to find a GM mechanic that will disable the bullshit Governor.
    You just need a tuner, it's all electronic.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Kinda surprised I hadn’t herd of this

https://www.caranddriver.com/ram/dakota
    There's nothing to hear about, yet. That's just C&D spitballing to have something to talk about. Even the photo is just a rendering. There are no prototype sightings, no "leaks", etc so there's no way it's coming out this year. The rumor is that the Dakota will eventually replace the Classic as the lower cost option, but when that will happen is likely a few years down the road. Maybe longer now, due to 2020-ness.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    There's nothing to hear about, yet. That's just C&D spitballing to have something to talk about. Even the photo is just a rendering. There are no prototype sightings, no "leaks", etc so there's no way it's coming out this year. The rumor is that the Dakota will eventually replace the Classic as the lower cost option, but when that will happen is likely a few years down the road. Maybe longer now, due to 2020-ness.
    Yeah I get all that. Plus the article is from

Still surprised it hadn’t even popped up on my radar.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

It’s kinda weird to see that they keep making this thing…

Putting this here in case anyone NEEDS BIG DIESEL POWER.

https://www.megarexxtrucks.com/

I think my favorite thing is speed holes in the bumper.

So as someone who is selling his camaro due to needing a 4wd truck or SUV for rural first response and hauling stuff that won't fit in my wifes car, should I be looking at new or used? Sucks that I'll be ready to buy at the end of next month, in this nonsense. Suggestions?

Only requirements are 4 doors, 4wd, enough power to get up and go when I have a few hundred lbs of equipment and 800lbs of men, power to push a truck out of the way or pull a truck, drive through crappy muddy medians. And won't leave me stranded on a desert road 75 miles from civilization. Looking at 4door trucks from the usual folks, and tahoes.
    EMS, Rescue, Fire, fun stuff

Site Supporter
    I'm a big fan of my Toyota tundra. My older tahoe (2003) was a great truck but my 2012 Silverado was terrible and ate its engine at 85k. This tundra is the best truck I've ever owned.

Really, you're not getting a break on the used market right now, some of them go for more than they did new so I would shop around for a new one if I had to.

This model year of Toyota is outgoing, redesign in 2022 so may be able to find a decent deal. Even their upgraded packages are cheaper than what I see from Ford/Chevy/GMC

User Tag List