Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I wasn't sure how the truck would figure out the decreased OCI due to towing all summer, but apparently it did.
    My (much older) truck knows when something is plugged into the brake controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    The trick to carrying dead animals in your SUV (or in once case I'm aware of a Prius) is to have a plastic kiddie pool in the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by 37th Mass View Post
    I put a dead Whitetail Deer in the back of my wife's Volvo 240 back in the day. She was unpleased. Told me that I needed to buy a truck.
    Guy I used to work with put his deer in the trunk of his Crown Vic. Would fit several without a problem

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Guy I used to work with put his deer in the trunk of his Crown Vic. Would fit several without a problem

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Those old Pontiacs had big trunks too.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Maybe because people don’t want to finance a tent for 5 years?
    Maybe people here don't, but I'm sure this will sell like hotcakes in the regular (crazy) truck world.

I just found out that my 2022 tundra remote start (via key fob) is subscription based.

I unsubscribed from their remote "services" a while ago as the idea of Toyota tracking and selling my information after I paid over 50k for a truck didn't sit well with me. I don't use remote start that often but I tried it the other day with no success and did a little digging. I'm beyond fucking pissed, this is my first Toyota and will now most likely be my last.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromancer View Post
    Maybe people here don't, but I'm sure this will sell like hotcakes in the regular (crazy) truck world.
    Factory tonneau covers, bed rails, side steps, etc. sell so I don't know what the difference would be between financing any of those vs a bed tent.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotechnic View Post
    I just found out that my 2022 tundra remote start (via key fob) is subscription based.

I unsubscribed from their remote "services" a while ago as the idea of Toyota tracking and selling my information after I paid over 50k for a truck didn't sit well with me. I don't use remote start that often but I tried it the other day with no success and did a little digging. I'm beyond fucking pissed, this is my first Toyota and will now most likely be my last.
    I had remote start in my 07 Duramax. Used it almost everyday in the winter. My 4R doesn't have it but I don't drive that much these days so don't miss it.

Years ago GM thought they were clever with putting On Star on most of their vehicles about the time cell coverage blanketed the US. That was a subscription thing also and it worked great because of the direct sat link with out a tower. It was a good idea but most people have good cell coverage these days. Unfortunately I'm not one of them.

Toyota has it's problems with connecting with their customers. I'm not hearing anyone saying great things about their 22 pickups.

I went to Costco yesterday and they had a new F-150 by the entrance. I was curious so I looked at the MSRP. 68K and change. It was just a plain 4 door F-150. May have had an upgraded interior. I didn't look at the MSRP sheet that closely. Prices must have gone up considerably since I was shopping in Aug of 2021.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I have some irritations with the new truck, and I was expecting a few jumping on first year of the 3rd gen.

Having to pay a subscription to use a feature of a key fob that I already own I find to be absolutely ridiculous.

Overall I do like the truck alot. But the above just feels like I'm purposely getting bent over and I do not appreciate it.

The funny thing is that I can't even really use the remote start with my current parking situation so it took me a while to find out after unsubscribing from my free connected services trial.

Didn't BMW say the seat warmers were going to be subscription based? Fahk that!

...maybe the future will be converting our old ICE cars and trucks with electric crate motors and battery packs.

We're disappointed that my wife's new-ish Subaru requires a subscription for remote start.

My F-150 doesn't.
    David S.

User Tag List