Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 "failed FBI test miserably"

Site Supporter
    I only put 500 rounds through mine but it's been completely reliable and extremely accurate with all factory parts. More accurate than most of my handguns, including long-barreled competition guns with expensive triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I've been told that I'm full of it but my dad and I purchased a 320 FS last year that had issues. Accuracy out of the box was terrible and we tried multiple loads. A new springer guide rod and a lighter recoil spring improved the accuracy a lot. Improving accuracy with a lighter recoil spring seems backwards to me but that's what happened.

We also had 4 cases rupture at the base. These were reloads so the blame was always placed on the cases but I've never had a round rupture before or after. I don't know if it's still there but Bruce Grey had a video of a case rupturing in a 320 on Facebook. IIRC his grand daughter was shooting the pistol but it may have just been a younger girl that was an acquaintance. The ammo was blamed. Occasionally if you read other forums you'll read of similar case failures.

There are also reports of extractor issues after 3-4 k rounds. Sounds like they are easily fixed but it could definitely work against the pistol during something like the FBI test.

I know there are 320s out there that have fired a lot of rounds with no issues. It's very possible that we bought a bad one or that we really had a few bad cases that just happened to all show up while testing the 320. I also know in the internet world we live in things often get blown out of proportion. In my opinion though I believe the pistol needs more time and testing in the field to be fully vetted. And by testing I mean out of the box pistols not tuned and fitted by an outside gunsmith.
    I also had a case failure on my P320. It blew the extractor out of the slide. I was shooting my reloads but in the 30K or so rounds of my reloads I have through a Beretta 92 and a CZ I have not had anything like that happen.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I cannot say where I heard this from, nor would I if asked, but it turns out the gun had accuracy and reliability problems as submitted to the test, as compared to other pistols which were submitted.
    Did the slides stay on when drawn from holster?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Interesting on the case failures. My son has a P250 that has suffered the same exact thing twice. Both times it was off to Sig and returned. One was factory, once was handloads. I spoke to them (Sig) extensively over the phone the second time before we sent it in. It was almost like an OOB issue. It was returned as "repaired" and hasnt suffered it again since.

What would the cause of the case rupture be, firing out of battery or chamber support?

I'd like to hear more about the failures.

I find it interesting that this thread has brought out members with accuracy and case rupturing issues.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    I'd like to hear more about the failures.

I find it interesting that this thread has brought out members with accuracy and case rupturing issues.

This is a picture of my ruptured case.

Yikes! Was there any damage to the gun?
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Yikes! Was there any damage to the gun?
    It completely ejected the extractor from the slide. Otherwise no damage. I ordered a replacement extractor and installed it with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Did the slides stay on when drawn from holster?
    The things I listed were the only issues I heard.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List