Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 "failed FBI test miserably"

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A major advantage of the Glock, is decades of use under a wide range of conditions. Factory testing is important, but some issues only materialize over time. It is the reason many savvy pilots don't want to operate the first 100 serial numbers of a new helicopter or 50 serial numbers of a new fixed wing. Early adopters often get the arrows.

The 320 and VP9 are still relatively new pistols in the overall scheme of things.
    This is the main reason I left it as a duty gun and went back to the 226. I personally have 5k through my full size and several thousand through my compact without issue, but the long term testing and spare parts aren't there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Off the main topic, I always liked the P250. I ran about 5k through a full size gun, even shooting Bianchi Cup with it. The 250 in my experience was accurate and reliable, and as a revolver guy I liked he DAO trigger.

The gun really only had two major problems: couldn't change the rear sight for something better, and it was a DAO gun when DAO guns weren't cool anymore.
    True. While the front is standard Sig, the rear is also the firing pin stop. Sig does make them in 3 different heights, with or without tritium. I Sharpie the rear dots and change the front to an orange Ameriglo CAP. That and a small grip frame.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I constantly come close to picking up a 250 Compact because you can get them in 9 for like $350 and I was under the impression the bugs were worked out. This new news on the 320 has me more hesitant.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    For that money though you might as well risk it! Because if it's good you have a solid AIWB option for under 4 bills.
    Considering that the magazines are nearly $50/ea, and they come with 2 mags, the gun is even a better deal.
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 12-30-2016 at 05:51 PM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

320 fired out of battery

Just had an out of battery experience with my 320 SIG. Here are pictures of the case.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Wow.
    First, no injuries to you?
    2nd, looks like the old trigger, no upgrade yet?
    3rd, what more can you tell us about how it happened?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    I almost didn't even notice that it was a .357 Sig. Not much bottle neck left in that brass.

Handload?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

I had a piece of brass I picked up from the range fail above the extractor groove in my 320. I’ve reloaded over 10k in 9mm and have not had any other issues beside that. The 320 barrel is heavily throated and largly unsupported. The 320 barrel has Way less support that my other P series guns are/were.

Sig P320 "failed FBI test miserably"

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Handload?
    Of course it is. But it’s always the gun’s fault, never the reload.
    Last edited by peterthefish; 11-23-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterthefish View Post
    Of course it is. But it’s always the gun’s fault, never the reload.
    Starline brass and the primer has some flattening to it too.

Starline brass is commonly used in the reloaded business. Either at home, or used by boutique ammo businesses.
    Last edited by KhanRad; 11-23-2017 at 07:38 PM.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

My local range got an early P320 as a rental gun, and it had a case failure like some of the earlier pictures posted here. This was with factory Federal AE, standard pressure, and the gun was still at a low round count.
    Last edited by Bucky; 11-23-2017 at 08:06 PM.

User Tag List