Thread: High Noon Hideaway -- clip or straps?

High Noon Hideaway -- clip or straps?

After trying out the Mr Softy worn AIWB with my P239, I've decided to pick up a High Noon Hideaway in horsehide. Wear a 1.5" instructors' belt and note that the 1.75" clip on the Mr Softy permits the holster to rotate to a slight reverse cant. It's slightly more comfortable and concealable, but places the P239's front strap touching the belt line. My inclination is to order the Hideaway with 1.5" straps to get a better firing grip--are there any advantages to going with the clip instead?

The straps are bulkier and as you know- there is now tilt or JM Kydex type wedges etc. It will stabilize the holster. A heads up, the sweat guards on their holsters are ridiculous.. so when I owned one, I got the one without it and just pulled me undies up a little to protect.
    Last edited by Isaac; 12-22-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Called High Noon today--they said that the straps version of the Hideaway rides about 3/8" higher than the clip version. If my Mr Softy is any guide, that will allow enough room between the belt line and the front strap to get a firing grip. Went ahead and ordered the straps version; will follow up when it comes in.

That sounds right, from memory. The best thing about the striped holster is that it keeps it there- with the 1.75 clip and 1.5 belt, the front strap drops onto the top of the belt. I wish Milt Sparks would make a Summer Special straight drop. (I've asked, they said no)

Site Supporter

High Noon Hideaway -- clip or straps?

No experience with the strap versions, but I have a couple Hideaways with the clip. My solution for making them fit better on a 1.5" belt was to jam a short piece of 1/4" clear Tygon tubing into the upper part of the clip to serve as a spacer. This increased stability between the holster and belt, without losing the convenience of the clip.

Hope that explanation makes sense. I'd post a photo, but I don't have access to those holsters at the moment.
    Last edited by Dave J; 12-30-2016 at 09:13 PM.

User Tag List