Thread: Noveske Question

Noveske Question

I have an admission - I have no interest in assault rifles, and that includes the one I own, a Noveske.

I bought the Noveske M4 Light Recce in 2011, two years before John Noveske died in a car accident. I made the purchase with good intentions, buying additional magazines, an American Defense quick release scope mount, and various types of easily-obtainable ammunition to test. It was clearly a fine candidate according to Pat Rogers and other respected writers - accurate and reliable. Yet, five years later I've never shot it - I just cleaned it and put it away. "I'll shoot the Glock" (or CZ or Anschutz or whatever) "and I'll do the Noveske later." I never did, and five years later I have to conclude that I have no interest in it and move on.

So, moving on, a question for you: does this weapon, built as it was under John Noveske, have any premium value above what today's Noveske's go for? Of course, I'll list it first in the PF Classified, but this post is only a question of valuation, not an offer to sell.

Thanks for any help.

My initial assumption would be no. AR-15s are stupid common, unless someone was close to John I'd be mildly surprised if they were to pay a higher price just because the date stamp was older. But that's just my random opinion.

And it's not an assault rifle. Assault rifles are giggle switch happy machines that many dudes spray around with to get into buildings without getting blasted themselves
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Sean M would be the one to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I've got an AK I have never shot and two Noveske's that have not seen use in years. Something about having rifles and magazines to feed them just makes me feel better. If the kids are hungry they'll go but it's nice they are around.

You might find a person or two that would spend a little more but I don't think it would be much. There is talk that post John guns are not as good but really that is minor. A gun that John built custom or had a lot of time on, that I would think have a premium.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 12-21-2016 at 04:49 PM.

I would say no, Noveske (as a company) is still going and still putting out rifles so there probably isn't any extra value in a rifle made during John's day.

Okay, guys thanks. Truth is better than fluff.

User Tag List