Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mixing .380 ammo types a viable option?

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    Not to be a dick, but you have no idea what you are talking about.
    That's for sure.

Wow!! Run off the forum with my first posting, very impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by Scarpia View Post
    Hopefully you stick around Tons of great info here and I get the impression guys that have been around guns longer than I have continually have these same conversations with people and I'm sure it gets old. Two relevant threads by DocGKR on ammo selections and calibers that were helpful when I started learning about pistols on this forum: General service calibers and 380 vs 39 spl

I'd say that these quotes from the first linked article are especially relevant:

"Keeping in mind that handguns generally offer poor incapacitation potential, bullets with effective terminal performance are available in all of the most commonly used duty pistol calibers—pick the one that you shoot most accurately, that is most reliable in the type of pistol you choose, and best suits you likely engagement scenarios."

and

"Unless your department picks your caliber for you, pick the platform you shoot best, then decide on caliber from there. Basically all the standard service calibers work when using good quality ammunition; the platform picked tends to dictate the caliber. Currently the best duty pistols going right out of the box are probably the Glocks, S&W M&P's, as well as HK."
    Last edited by scw2; 12-26-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Read a few other threads. In one post you made two statements that have been and are still being discussed and debunked.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Up to you. If you expect to post gunshop lore and not have it challenged, you'll not like it here. If you want to learn from been there done that folks and some recognized experts, stick around.

I don't see any comments on capacity. My carry 380's are the Sig P238 (7+1) for motorcycling and the Bersa 85. The Bersa is 15+1 using a modified (notch) Thunder 380 Plus magazine. I don't want to be at the business end of this thing with 16 rounds of 95 grain JHP's of any manufacture at 1000 f/s. Maybe one or two rounds won't stop a BG, but I defy anyone not to be stopped with 16. Period.

Regarding the 'small single stack 9': The M&P Shield 9mm with the extended 2+ magazine extension (9+1) has replaced the Bersa for carrying. Less capacity but more stopping power per round was a trade off I accepted. I was actually looking at a Khar compact 9 when I stumbled across the Shield 9 in a LGS's display case labeled as "used, unfired" at a heavily discounted price. It was a no brainer, I jumped on it. Inspired by every aspect of this 9, I quickly went to the Shield 45 (7+1) which is now my primary carry piece. The Shield 45 is only slightly larger in OAL and weight versus the Shield 9. Less capacity for sure but it only takes one in 45 ACP.
    I can't tell if this is just dumb or clever trolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I can't tell if this is just dumb or clever trolling.

Good point. After rereading it, it could be that he is just testing us.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Good point. After rereading it, it could be that he is just testing us.
    I've been on the internet so long that my radar is totally fucked for that sort of thing. Something either has to be balls out trolling or legit pants on head dumb anymore for me to not be suspicious.

User Tag List