Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DA/SA Hammer Gun In a Striker Fired (Police) World

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In these instances, they all shoot great. Most good shooters I know, though, would rather decide what they want, rather than have someone else decide for them.
    I'd say that's the majority of it. People who care enough to get good AND discuss it probably know what they want and are familiar with what they shoot best. For easy figuring, there's roughly 30 people in my office. We can carry almost anything that's at least a .380 and isn't SAO. The most I've ever seen carrying something other than the Glock is 3, two Sigs and one Model 60. Currently everyone but me carries some kind of Glock, although not always the issued one (plenty of 27s instead of the issued 22). The vast majority are fine with carrying whatever is issued, they just don't care enough to chime in on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by scsu74 View Post
    Anyways, sorry for the long post, but figured I'd chime in as I recently went through the exact same choice. Are you able to carry elite models on duty or just plane jane models? Best of luck with your choice and feel free to PM if any questions.
    Thank you for your post!

I am able to carry any model I like of a platform.

My only consideration for me personally is I have medium sized hands with a medium/shorter trigger reach.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernHeat View Post
    Thank you for your post!

I am able to carry any model I like of a platform.

My only consideration for me personally is I have medium sized hands with a medium/shorter trigger reach.
    As much as I despise the Legion concept I think it would be a really good fit for you as long as you're able to inspect it before purchase. I had 2, both had finish issues and the front sight was canted on one, but they were both very early models. If you can look them over and see the finish/sights are good you get a lot of value for the 1K officer pricing. Some features I've really come to like on the elite models (Legion has them as well): front cocking serrations, undercut trigger guard and SRT trigger (short reset) they also offer a short REACH trigger that I personally don't care for. The beaver tail doesn't really do anything for me, never had an issue with high grip or slide bite with my nitron. The Legion does come with g10 checkered hogue grips which are awesome and actually my preferred grips as well as HD type night sites (green, instead of my preferred orange but that is user preference) and Bruce Grays adjustable P-SAIT trigger, which is right between a short reach and classic trigger.

My personal choice's are a stainless elite on duty (same features I mentioned with the addition of a steel frame instead of alloy) and an enhanced elite set up very similar for a back-up/training gun. They keep our pistols for a very long time if used in critical incidents so i wanted another elite pistol set up the same way. You can find enhanced elites for very good prices lately with the release of the legions. I paid $750 for my EE and all I had to add was HD sights for $100 and some factory magwell grips $30. I'll link a few things, might be easier to see. Sorry if you know all this info already, thought it might be helpful if you're new to the 226 platform.

Legion:
    https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p226-...full-size.html

EE (comes with E2 grips if you like those):

SSE:

GGI trigger:
    https://grayguns.com/product/p-serie...diate-trigger/

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I would never pick a 320 over a 226. Ever.
    Ever is a long time . If there were a way to put a Polymer frame on a P226 and get the weight down into the P320's range, I'd be super chuffed. But, unlikely we'll ever see that in our lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Ever is a long time . If there were a way to put a Polymer frame on a P226 and get the weight down into the P320's range, I'd be super chuffed. But, unlikely we'll ever see that in our lifetime.
    SP2022? .4 oz lighter than 320 and polymer

Quote Originally Posted by scsu74 View Post
    SP2022? .4 oz lighter than 320 and polymer
    I never understood why the SP2022 doesn't get more love. Sure it's a little chunkier and heaver than a G19, but not by that much.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I would never pick a 320 over a 226. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    Given you appreciate other striker fired renditions, I'd love moar of your sentiment here. PM is fine if derail is a concern, but I suspect others might be interested too.

t
    Also curious about this. I have no experience with the P320 personally, but it does look nice on paper. I do like the P226/P229 quite a bit myself as well.

If you are willing to devote the time , energy and effort, by all means go with the 226. A well trained operator with a TDA/SA pistol is a formidable foe. My agency only allows striker fired weapons, for general issue. IF I could carry my P-226 9mm I would in a heartbeat and never would I feel like I made a bad choice. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I never understood why the SP2022 doesn't get more love. Sure it's a little chunkier and heaver than a G19, but not by that much.
    Agreed - One of the most accurate & reliable 9mms I've ever shot.

Thank you all for the reply's so far.

I never really looked at the Legion before, other than the occasional video here and there.

With Beretta coming out with their G Conversion, any reason to look into Beretta 92's (specifically the M9a1 or 92A1) instead of the SIG for duty?

My medium size hands really like SIGs E2 grips and Reduced Reach Trigger (as far as grip size and trigger reach go).
    Last edited by NorthernHeat; 12-21-2016 at 07:31 PM.

User Tag List