View Poll Results: Do you own / purchase duplicates of your most carried pistols?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

164 82.00%
  • No

33 16.50%
  • Never considered it previously.

3 1.50%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Owning Duplicates Of Your Carry Pistols

Owning Duplicates Of Your Carry Pistols

Am curious how many of you that conceal carry daily own backups of the same model firearms which you carry most.

For example, I carry a G19 or a 26 on a regular basis. Do you think it is a good policy to own a spare of each firearm? Would the age of the guns enter into the equation? Mine are 28 and 20 years old respectively.

Feel free to add your thoughts on why or why not if you are inclined to do so.

Thanks and don't forget to cast your vote above.
    Last edited by blues; 12-20-2016 at 02:37 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

two is one. one is none. give me a bit and i'll dig up the thread I made after a dry fire "event" happened. there was some discussion after that.

ETA: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-1-is-none
    Last edited by hufnagel; 12-20-2016 at 02:18 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

I do have duplicates of the pistols I carry. As I posted in other threads I went around and had a CZ, Glocks, M&Ps as well as 9mm and 45 1911s. I landed on a glock 19 with dawson sights. I have a duplicate of the same gun I carry that is relegated to range and training use. Once the new year strikes I'll be searching for a 3rd 4th gen 19 to add to the stable. I like having my carry 19 always loaded and not having to worry about chambering a round after every training session.

Just my 2 cents....
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

I just recently bought a spare carry gun as a designated IDPA/dry fire/training gun. I've only had it for a couple weeks but I already enjoy not having to unload and reload every night when I dry fire.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    two is one. one is none. give me a bit and i'll dig up the thread I made after a dry fire "event" happened. there was some discussion after that.

ETA: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-and-1-is-none
    Thanks, hufnagel. Good stuff.
    Last edited by blues; 12-20-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

If you ever have to use it, you may not get it back anytime soon. If you aren't currently employed by a LE Agency, you won't be getting a replacement from the armory. IF you are employed by an agency, should you get suspended, you won't be getting one from the armory either. In some states, getting a replacement anytime soon might be problematic. I have spares.

I wouldn't carry a model of gun that spare parts are no longer readily available. Much as I like them, my P7's are retired. Glocks I wouldn't worry about.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I used to to some degree, but its not really in my budget right now. It wouldn't bother me too much to go to another gun if I had to.

Site Supporter

Owning Duplicates Of Your Carry Pistols

After I launched a tiny ass spring and was unable to find it on my Beretta, I was regulated to none. I'm saving pennies for a duplicate right now for my Sig. It was a big lesson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jeep45238; 12-20-2016 at 02:29 PM.

I don't currently, but as soon as I'm able to, I'll be getting a spare G19Gen4 and M&P Shield.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

The only one I don't have multiples for is my 1911 and for that I'm slowly accumulating parts to build a spare.

I have 4 of my primary carry gun(Mk25/P226), 2 of the compact size(M11A1/P228 hybrids) and 1 of the sub compact(P224).

Call it OCD or just my background fixing expensive things for other people, but having spares or identical items to provide as a visual aid in repair/reassembly is more of a driving factor for me than worrying about my gun being stuck in an evidence locker.

User Tag List