Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any reason not to switch to vp9 from glock

Any reason not to switch to vp9 from glock

After doing some side by side shooting with my g19 and a vp9 I've decided I like the vp9 better. I'm pretty simplistic with my guns, not really a collecter. I currently have a g43 and a g19. Truth be told I carry the 43 way more often than the 19. I'm thinking of just getting a pair of vp9's and switching to that platform all together. Is there any reason to stay with the glocks?
    Thanks
    Colby

Quote Originally Posted by Colby View Post
    After doing some side by side shooting with my g19 and a vp9 I've decided I like the vp9 better. I'm pretty simplistic with my guns, not really a collecter. I currently have a g43 and a g19. Truth be told I carry the 43 way more often than the 19. I'm thinking of just getting a pair of vp9's and switching to that platform all together. Is there any reason to stay with the glocks?
    Thanks
    Colby
    Have you tried the PPQ? My local FFL in town says he prefers it to the VP9 for its trigger. I haven't fired either one but was admiring the VP9 and PPQ in the shop the other day. (I'm pretty content with my Glocks so don't want to start going down a new road, myself.)
    Last edited by blues; 12-20-2016 at 01:35 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

By what metrics and/or reasons do you like the VP9 over the G19?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

I have a PPQ and VP9 and recently sold my Glock 19. I like the VP9 the best and would not hesitate to switch over. I didnt think anything could beat the PPQ until I shot the VP9. Very smooth gun and doesnt have the muzzle flip issues of the PPQ. More enjoyable gun to shoot for me. YMMV.

Strong endorsement, FPS. I may have to take my dealer up on his offer to borrow one of his and try it out. But then, do I really want to? Only trouble lies down that road.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    By what metrics and/or reasons do you like the VP9 over the G19?
    Definitely need the answer to this question. I find the G19 easier to conceal by a bit, but not enough to condemn the VP9 if there were say logistical reasons to pick it.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Have you tried the PPQ? My local FFL in town says he prefers it to the VP9 for its trigger. I haven't fired either one but was admiring the VP9 and PPQ in the shop the other day. (I'm pretty content with my Glocks so don't want to start going down a new road, myself.)
    In all honesty, I like the PPQ better from a safety and shooting standpoint. The trigger is slightly lighter on my example vs my VP9, but the trigger travel is much longer. I find that the sights track just a bit better in recoil as well, though that may be something that could be evened up through springing the VP differently?

I'm getting rid of my PPQ, though, for logistical reasons. The VP9 shares magazines that work in my other weapons (p2000s and p30s), while the PPQ mags are just PPQ mags.

The only serious reason to stay with the Glocks if you are not invested in a platform solution (26+19+17 style) is that Glocks have best in class sight availability and random supply support like RDS mounts, etc.

I tried a VP9 for a few months and then got rid of it. It was a fine gun but did nothing for me my Glocks don't do. The deciding factor was my thumbs forward grip and the ambi slide release. Shooting how I normally do, left handed, I would ride it and the slide would not lock back. I decided I didn't want to retrain my grip for a gun the didn't seem in any measurable way better than what I was already using.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post

The only serious reason to stay with the Glocks if you are not invested in a platform solution (26+19+17 style) is that Glocks have best in class sight availability and random supply support like RDS mounts, etc.
    This and spare parts and magazine price and availability. I think most sight setups can largely work pretty well, but inexpensive magazines and plentiful spare parts options can be handy as well.

If you're shooting demonstrably well with the VP9 over the G19, that might be one thing, but the above reasons and your ability to carry that new platform should also enter into consideration as well.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Any reason not to switch to vp9 from glock

I've had both the VP9 and the PPQ. I prefer the PPQ out of the Two. Both are bigger than the G19 though which is why I still carry a G19. I've got my eye on the new CZ P10c. It fits in a G19 holster.
    Last edited by Appalachained; 12-20-2016 at 03:17 PM.

I would avoid the VP9 if you like to tinker with things. They are, dare I say, perfect from the factory. My sample of two is anyway. One of the many things I like is how they left just a little bit of room in the mag to allow a fully loaded mag to easily seat. It seats like a G19 mag with 13 rounds in it.

User Tag List