Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: School me on J frames

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I have a stainless 649 .38, and a new generation 438. I gotta tell ya, the trigger on my new generation 438 is pretty sweet.
    I agree. I also have a 649 no dash 38 and I much prefer the newer trigger of my 60-14

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I agree. I also have a 649 no dash 38 and I much prefer the newer trigger of my 60-14
    I have found that while many of the newer guns badly need an apex kit, the MIM parts seem to take a "lots of dry practice trigger job" well. Meanwhile, the old guns can get amazing triggers when done by a pro. I did a ton of dry work with my 686 SSR and it has a great trigger with nothing but dry practice.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Any issues with a PC 642 cut for moon clips? Local distributor has one without the lock (model # 178042). Are they still able to be loaded via speed loaders or strips to the same standard if one did not want to use the moon clips? I'm thinking the first 5 rounds loaded on a moon clip would be ideal to ensure solid ejection and I could carry strips for a reload method without the added bulk of clips or loaders.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...nter-model-642

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Any issues with a PC 642 cut for moon clips? Local distributor has one without the lock (model # 178042). Are they still able to be loaded via speed loaders or strips to the same standard if one did not want to use the moon clips? I'm thinking the first 5 rounds loaded on a moon clip would be ideal to ensure solid ejection and I could carry strips for a reload method without the added bulk of clips or loaders.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...nter-model-642
    The moonclip relief hinders the revolvers operation in no way, whatsoever. You can still use speedloaders, speed strips, or loose rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    The moonclip relief hinders the revolvers operation in no way, whatsoever. You can still use speedloaders, speed strips, or loose rounds.

That's right, mine is cut for the clips but I use speed strips for my reloads.

User Tag List