Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Under 35?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Egads! I was just getting set to throw in the towel, disavow and sell my Glocks at a loss until I saw what the leader of the Team HK shooters looked like:

Tori Nonaka...meet Helga Bigknockers!
    you just showed why two glock 19s are coming my way next week... I could get onboard with the golden chest piece but the horns were too much.

This sounds like a broken record to anyone who's friend with me on BookFace, but this kind of shit makes me long for the days when there were about five schools in the country outside of LE or the military where you could go to train. They may have been "antiquated" by todays standards but at least there were serious instructors and role models in those places.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Nyeti"

Gov't contract pistols that self-field strip: figurehead team shooters that mug it up, gangsta-style. From Big Bear to Bought Barbie in one lifetime; shit speaks for itself, loud and clear.

And our favorite student of disliking people has nailed the maturity thing, IMHO.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the curmudgeon corner, curled up with a custom wheelie, a sour made with craft whiskey/cherry heering, and a dark, wintry Canadian novel of immature origin; so hip, you've probably never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    you just showed why two glock 19s are coming my way next week... I could get onboard with the golden chest piece but the horns were too much.

You got some splainin' to do.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    "It's not loaded!"

But I guess they help sell guns, so...
    Last edited by TCinVA; 12-18-2016 at 08:10 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    You got some splainin' to do.
    Maybe he didn't feel up to taking the bull, I mean cow by the horns...

(No misogyny intended or implied. This is simply an attempt at humor. Lastly, please sue GJM if you are outraged. He has deeper pockets.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Yeah, sorry my bad. I had no intention of discussing age here. My only point was the behaviour of the girls in the photo. "Professional shooters." "Role models." Whatever.

The one pointing the gun at her teammate's head was giving a "talk" on the 4 safety rules at SHOT a few years ago. I commented to someone involved that hearing a teenage girl talk about the safety rules was kind of comical, since she had no meaningful life experience to explore those safety rules. BTW, I have daughters, and I expect them to be able to teach the safety rules by the time they are pre teen. I just don't expect professionals to care what their opinions are when it comes to applying them in the real world, which was the focus of the "talk" at SHOT.

I don't believe in putting up videos of instructors or instagram idiots and discussing their qualifications, but this was just over the top to me. If some guy wants to post insta videos of how great a shooter he is, who cares. I know he can't do it for real. Not worth commenting on. This just really tweaks me, and does nothing but hurt my gun rights and the image of gun owners everywhere. It certainly doesn't help show how an association with firearms and the shooting sports is good for kids.
    Last year at SHOT, my daughter went over to the Glock booth to meet these two. I will say the young lady taking these pictures was very professional and gracious at the booth, as she should be. The one pointing the pistol at her head, while friendly, seemed like she was still drunk from the previous night's party. If she wasn't drunk, she should have been. My daughter was pretty disappointment in her. Luckily, there were several other well known female competitive shooters at the show that she enjoyed meeting. We will see how this year goes.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

I just opened the pistol safe and scolded all my Glocks.

Then I ordered my daughter and granddaughter to never embarrass Paw-Paw that way.

The 4-year-old said "Okay!" and the daughter shuddered, imagining what one of her Drill Sergeants would have done to her.....

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I'd much rather deal with a drunk Tori Nonaka than any number of lying shitbags I know will be roaming around SHOT. They will not do stupid things on Instagram, but they do much more devious and damaging things nobody ever hears about.

But then I have a few long-standing grudges based on stuff most others don't know about or give a shit about. So I'm perhaps biased.

But at least with "Top Gun Tori" you have some idea of what you're dealing with up front.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 12-18-2016 at 08:21 PM.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    But at least with "Top Gun Tori" you have some idea of what you're dealing with up front.
    You can say that again.

User Tag List