Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: One Platform

Site Supporter
    I've slimmed down to 3x G4G19s.

I have 3x additional SCDs though, and I'm on the lookout for a deal
    Last edited by DEG; 02-20-2017 at 06:59 PM.

I went a slightly different direction for a 1 platform system. I have 2 of each and all are very similar with the same manual of arms. I have a Kahr P380 and CW380, a PM9 and CM9, 2 Glock 23s and 2 Glock 22s. The 23 and 22 have 357 Sig and 9mm conversion barrels as well as a Advantage Arms 22LR conversion for the 22. I also have a Glock 18 Airsoft and 34 Airsoft as these were the only ones I could find before the Glock copyright issues dried up the market. The reason I went this route is to have spare parts,extra magazines and same manual of arms for all guns. I can use the same holsters for each of the same platform guns too. All have the same trigger pull for every shot even though the reset and trigger are different between Glocks and Kahrs. The conversion barrels are nice for for cheaper or different ammo when and where available but I was lucky enough to get regular ammo allotments from work in 40 cal for years until I retired. I picked up a Glock 43 a year or so ago and like it so I will likely switch out the Kahr PM9 and CM9s for another 43 and more mags and parts.

That said I do have a scandium 357 340PD and a matching Airweight hammerless in 38 so those too can use the same ammo,speedloaders,holsters and same manual of arms as each other.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    That was a commonly observed issue with the PPQ M2 with the button release as well. There, you could stuff an AR mag catch spring in and it would stiffen up nicely. Don't know on the PPS M2.

I think the P30sk is better anyway...

The P30SK is my new platform and I am over the top happy with it. It took me a while, going through Springfield, Glock, and Sig Sauer - all of which were good firearms. But, the H&K P30SK is damn near perfect for me. It feels like "my" gun.

Add me to the one platform list. Duty weapons are limited to Glocks so I train and compete with them too. All have factory triggers. I was thrilled to get a G43 (after letting it be on the market a while) as my pocket gun for wear around the house. It replaced a J-frame which is different but in a way that is tolerable. My woods gun is a G40. My night stand gun is a G17L.

I do have a few non Glocks from before (USP, 1911, 625-2) and a more recent Brig-Tac Beretta. But if I shoot them I try to always shoot some drills with a Glock before leaving the range.
    Last edited by El Cid; 02-21-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Same sh*t, same pants for me. Had to dump M&Ps and a 1911 to make the break into glock land. I wish I would have made the decision sooner. I like only having a few holsters, mag pouches, etc... Right now I have 2 G19s and life is good but it could be better. If I 3 then I could have 1 for carry, 1 for training, and 1 to experiment on and cannibalize for parts if necessary. I think for shooters like me, who are always desperate for range time and need to spend every precious minute working on our skills with our carry guns, another gun at the range is usually just a distraction.

I've had a change of heart. Or maybe just getting wiser in my older age. My shooting has been very inconsistent the last couple of months. I'm selling off everything that isn't a TDA Sig and adding a 226. Not exactly the same platform but a 226 and 239 will be getting the majority of my attention for the foreseeable future. I'll keep a couple of Glocks and a 1911 around for the wife and son.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

In process of transitioning to Gen 4 G-19's from my Gen 3's, did some range work, and for me my Gen4 G-19's shoot tighter, faster shot to shot placement, felt recoil seems less with Speer Gold Dots 124+p, mag changes are faster and the texture feels better for me. the set up will be Ghost 3.5lb connector, Ameriglo organge T-cap front, Standard steel rear with 150 notch, grip plug, i modify the medium beaver tail backstrap to almost like a "grip-force adaptor". currently have X2, saving up for a third. Still in the glock platform just slightly different. I tried the 320 compact, just didnt feel good in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    I've had a change of heart. Or maybe just getting wiser in my older age. My shooting has been very inconsistent the last couple of months. I'm selling off everything that isn't a TDA Sig and adding a 226. Not exactly the same platform but a 226 and 239 will be getting the majority of my attention for the foreseeable future. I'll keep a couple of Glocks and a 1911 around for the wife and son.
    Pretty sure that counts, Gregg. The triggers feel the same to me and all the lever-y bits are in the same spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List