Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: One Platform

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Sure...but only because you already claimed "hectoring" fo' yo own bad self.
    Asked and answered, your honor. I'll only claim 'tis my Achilles heel.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm just dying to say "Objection! Assumes facts not in evidence!" But, it seems this is an instance where the defense has come prepared.
    This cracked a grin from me.

It's strangely one of the more "grown-up" gun decisions I've made, and lets me know I have taken some of the P-F.com advice to heart. Because the thing is, I LIKE the VP9. It's a very nice gun, it's fun to shoot, it's reliable, it's accurate...but I HAVE range toys, lots of range toys, probably too many range toys. For serious stuff I want consistently usable and familiar guns. In this one context, I no longer find "boring" to be a bad quality.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Brace of G35s ( one carry, one training)
    Brace of G34s ( ditto)
    G17
    G19

Definitely in the One Gun Zone.
    1x G4345
    3x G19s: 1x G3, 2x G4
    2x G17: 1xG3RTF, 1xG4
    1x G3G26

Need to get a 2nd G3G26, G3G17. Also probably need 2x G34s at some point... because I like USPSA or something.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 02-15-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    1x G4345
    3x G19s: 1x G3, 2x G4
    2x G17: 1xG3RTF, 1xG4
    1x G3G26

Need to get a 2nd G3G26, G3G17. Also probably need 2x G34s at some point... because I like USPSA or something.
    Being a strapped for cash resident, I'd probably just run the G17 in USPSA. Or shoot GSSF and start winning guns

For me, I have settled on the Glock 9mm platform. I have three G-19's set up with same Ghost trigger, T-Cap Sights, grip plug and vickers mag release. These are my training, competition, bed side and CC guns. I have other glocks they rarely get shot. This saves me in holster, mag pouch, and part expense. This allows me to not focus on the gun and focus on my training fundamentals and objectives when I get to the range. When Ishoot IDPA, the same gun I carry every day is the gun I compete with. IMHO this is better for me.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Being a strapped for cash resident, I'd probably just run the G17 in USPSA. Or shoot GSSF and start winning guns
    It took me a while to accumulate those - not in any rush to get the next few I'll be running my RTF 17 in USPSA for a while.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 02-17-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    You're badgering the witness.

I'm our of order? Your out of order! The whole damned system is out of order!
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

I know eventually I'd like to work a G26G4 into that rotation. Maybe a PPS M2 also, so all my releases are push-button, though I LOVE that you can't trigger the M1's accidentally.
    Unsolicited input: I'm a lefty, but: one of the reasons I sold my PPS M2 *was* the push button mag release. Maybe mine was light, but I had two instances of the mag being unlatched when worn for daily carry.

(The other was mag capacity vs. weight. For a gun that weighs the same as a G26, mags of 6, 7, or 8 rounds seem suboptimal).

Nope, not in the one gun zone, don't expect it to be for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Unsolicited input: I'm a lefty, but: one of the reasons I sold my PPS M2 *was* the push button mag release. Maybe mine was light, but I had two instances of the mag being unlatched when worn for daily carry.

(The other was mag capacity vs. weight. For a gun that weighs the same as a G26, mags of 6, 7, or 8 rounds seem suboptimal).
    That was a commonly observed issue with the PPQ M2 with the button release as well. There, you could stuff an AR mag catch spring in and it would stiffen up nicely. Don't know on the PPS M2.

I think the P30sk is better anyway...

User Tag List