Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret Service Wants Fake White House

Site Supporter

Secret Service Wants Fake White House

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/18/us...e=sectionfront

After some embarrassing incidents - they want a fake White House to train. I don't get it. Why not run the drills in the real thing when the President is in the Tower, off to golf or visiting Putin (haha). The incident of the guy getting into the WH was just a case of human failure on the job. Would a fake WH avoid that?

$8 million is still a lot of money to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

After some embarrassing incidents - they want a fake White House to train. I don't get it. Why not run the drills in the real thing when the President is in the Tower, off to golf or visiting Putin (haha). The incident of the guy getting into the WH was just a case of human failure on the job. Would a fake WH avoid that?

The decline and fall of this once proud outfit has been sad to watch.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The decline and fall of this once proud outfit has been sad to watch.
    I have some friends there who feel much of this is part of the move to Homeland Security.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I have some friends there who feel much of this is part of the move to Homeland Security.
    Well I can't argue with that as a former Treasury agent. When we moved to Homeland Security (and merged into ICE) in 2003 I put my papers in and said "it's been fun".

I may be the only special agent who has a retirement plaque thanking me for my many years of contributions to the U.S. Customs Service with a Homeland Security shield adorning it. (At least I kept my Customs badge and creds. I never even saw what the replacements looked like.)

Getting back to Secret Service, however, I have seen a decline in the quality of personnel and management over the years. Maybe it's just the way things are anymore.
    Last edited by blues; 12-18-2016 at 12:37 PM.

First, bureaucratically, it makes a lot of sense. If another incident occurs, and they don't have their mock White House, it's Congress' fault for not giving them $8,000,000 to train more realistically.

Second, Federal academies have to keep up with each other. FBI has Hogan's Alley. FLETC built a huge mock town that is several acres big (and they have full-size aircraft). Seems only fair for the USSS to have their own White House to brag about.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

Simunitions in the Lincoln bedroom may not go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I know there have been discharges in the oval office...

Site Supporter
    I know how to pay for it. Have Tom Givens run training in there on the off days. Have IDPA schedule matches in there. The problem of the guys getting over the fence is something Donald could solve with a wall?

Fake White House would be a great place for the Fake News to send Fake White House Correspondents.

It's kinda felt like we've had a fake White House for the past 8 years, hasn't it?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    This. ^^^ Plus operational security. You don't want potential opponents observing your training / contingency exercises.

The Whitehouse is a public attraction and an office which functions whether the president is there or not.

Honestly I'm surprised they don't already have a training copy of the Whitehouse at the Secret Service Training Facility in Beltsville MD.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-18-2016 at 01:15 PM.

User Tag List