Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Protective overwatch (PO-W)' counter-ambush tactic could save lives

Wayne and I were just having this conversation. Officers who can REALLY master cover and contact do really well. I see lots of failures at this. Two officer cars tend to do pretty well because you learn to read each other. The ability to effectively communicate through a variety of means from verbal to codes, to hand signals, and even body gestures goes a long way.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    The whole protective overwatch thing sounds like a rehash of the well established contact-cover model.
    My exact thought when I read this. Do the academies not teach contact/cover anymore?
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 12-22-2016 at 09:49 AM.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Wayne and I were just having this conversation. Officers who can REALLY master cover and contact do really well. I see lots of failures at this. Two officer cars tend to do pretty well because you learn to read each other. The ability to effectively communicate through a variety of means from verbal to codes, to hand signals, and even body gestures goes a long way.
    Two squared away guys working together is pretty much the best option.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List