Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PX4 Compact Carry Shipping Today

Mod4 Ordered!

Thank you for your hard work putting this project together. Thank you also for the included discount on one of your classes. Hopefully I can put it to good use!

Would love to get one but I'm kinda strapped for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    The D changes the DA by around 2.5# and I think it starts over 11 --- the Wilson spring may drop it more.

The Comp group mainly changes the SA although I guess there is some interplay with the two changes.

I think EL got his down further with the trigger job stuff. Somebody did actually test the trigger stock, with each of the mods alone, and then together.

Well I just searched and saw some folks had reported that their stock DA was around 10 and the mainspring took it below 8#. Not sure if the differences are off the production line, in the measuring equipment or measurer but I thought the stock DA was between 11-12#
    This is ^^^ about as correct as it gets. Trigger weights on stock guns can vary by quite a bit, mainly in DA. The Mod 4 should produce a very smooth 7 lb DA with about a 3.5 to 4 lb SA.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Wish I had the money for this

On a side note I think it would be pretty great if Beretta made a true full size PX4 with a 5" barrel, I'd love trying that in USPSA
    Last edited by pastaslinger; 12-22-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Wish I had the money for this

On a side note I think it would be pretty great if Beretta made a true full size PX4 with a 5" barrel, I'd love trying that in USPSA
    Funny you should mention that. I have been thinking about building such a gun. I am thinking I could use the Canadian 4.9" barrel they make for the full-size PX4, then cut the nose off a full-size slide and TIG it to the front of a standard 4" slide. More sight radius, but standard recoil spring, and stop point for the slide in the frame. Not quite a 5" gun but close enough for me.

I have not figured it out yet, but I think it can be done pretty easily.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I was just looking at my new/used full size and thinking that a compact frame with the 4" barrel/slide would be a nice (Glock 19 size) pistol.
    Are we all thinking about the next evolutionary step for the PX4?

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Funny you should mention that. I have been thinking about building such a gun. I am thinking I could use the Canadian 4.9" barrel they make for the full-size PX4, then cut the nose off a full-size slide and TIG it to the front of a standard 4" slide. More sight radius, but standard recoil spring, and stop point for the slide in the frame. Not quite a 5" gun but close enough for me.

Will there ever be an option to have a full size PX4 done up the same as the PX4 Compact Carry? Either factory through Beretta or as a custom option through Robar?
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post

Unfortunately the Canadian barrel for the PX4 is only 4.3ish (just over 105 mm). But maybe you could get Beretta to hook you up with a 5".

It would be kinda neat to see if one could TIG a front sight to the barrel protrusion, kinda like the old Beretta model 72's. It would make barrel removal from the slide a challenge though!

All that being said, a 5" competition PX4 would be a very interesting gun.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 12-26-2016 at 06:43 PM.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

I'll take a mod 4, 5" competition PX4 and a mod 4, 4" CCP version (3.5 mm height shorter needed)

User Tag List