Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dan Wesson Guardian or Valkyrie Commander.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Is there an expiration on your credit? If there isn't something out there saying, "Buy me now, you know you want to!", it might be better to just let it ride until something does.

I've been carrying a Valkyrie CCO 9MM for about a month now. I've put 1500 rounds through it with no issues. It get carried daily in a Milt Spark Criterion, great combo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Is there an expiration on your credit? If there isn't something out there saying, "Buy me now, you know you want to!", it might be better to just let it ride until something does.
    Ha. Good answer. Actually it is Christmas bonus money. I did buy a Glock 17 MOS and Vortex Viper to use as my competition gun so I don't have to use my EDC G19/RMR. I think now I will do as you suggest and wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by S Jenks View Post
    Once I get the extractor and front sight issues fixed I plan on a 2000 round challenge and, if all goes well, putting my new JMCK AIWB to good use.
    A bit of a necro-update regarding my Guardian:

- I replaced the sights with Dawson night sights, .180 x .125 front, .325 x .125 rear with the notch opened a smidge with a file seemed to fit the bill. I painted the front orange. I can make hits on steel at 50 yards on demand.

- The extractor was fixed with some minor tweaking and now passes the 10-8 test.

- As of today I'm at 3199 rounds. I haven't had a malf in over 2000 with only occasional lubrication. Mags are Mec-Gar 9 rounders and Wilson ETM 10 rounders.

- The Guardian carries like a dream in a JMCK AIWB and has been my daily carry since January.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I used to have a Guardian .45. If for whatever reason I decided to carry a 1911 again, I'd go buy another without even thinking about anything else. The bobtailed frame on a Commander slide is the perfect carry setup.

User Tag List