Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG P320 revisited

SIG P320 revisited

Anyone with high round counts or frequent usage here? Are they holding out to heavy usage. Particularly the 9mm compact and subcompact.

Certainly not considered a high count, but I'm approaching a thousand rounds with no issues (other than operator induced premature slide lock when I first got it). It's my EDC and is the compact in 9mm. No modifications other than an Apex flat faced trigger. White box, Hydra Shok, XTP, Freedom reman ball...all have been fine. I've been very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P320#1: 19835 rounds. Replaced extractor after 17000.
    P320#2: 1525 rounds
    P320c#1: 1089 rounds
    P320c#2: 157 rounds

The only failures were some FTEs from the worn extractor that should have been replaced a long time back.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-15-2016 at 12:29 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    P320#1: 19835 rounds. Replaced extractor after 17000.
    P320#2: 1525 rounds
    P320c#1: 1089 rounds
    P320 c#2: 157 rounds

The only failures were some FTEs from the worn extractor that should have been replaced a long time back.
    Sounds good, and exactly what I needed to know . At what interval were recoil springs changed?

Quote Originally Posted by flux View Post
    Sounds good, and exactly what I needed to know . At what interval were recoil springs changed?
    The P320 full size guns are for USPSA, so I use GGI and Springer guide rods and 13# Wolff 1911 recoil springs. Typically replace them around 5k.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Coming from a Glock background the P320 really impresses me. My only gripe is price of magazines.

Yeah the extended mag price is ridiculous. I'm interested in the new vtac 320, want to try those sight out.

Site Supporter
    By no means a high round count (may-be 1,000) through my P320 Compact/.45, which I've been EDCing for a bit over a year. Strictly factory ammo - white box, HST's, a box or three of Hornady - all ran perfectly. Not one FTF,FTE - nothing but "bang!" The ergonomics felt totally natural from day one and the trigger is the best one I'VE ever experienced, out of the box. I've replaced only the sights, swapping out the "dots" for TRUGLO TFX PROS.

I've got right about 4788 rounds through my 320F/ 9mm. I flirted with the Apex flat trigger, but gave it up for USPSA Production compliance. Otherwise the only modification is an Alma Cole style grit and glue grip treatment on a Large grip module. No maintenance other than cleaning every 1200-1500 rounds. Lube was usually Lucas grease, although sometimes EWL oil.

I've had the following issues at the noted round counts:
    -1700 total (118 since last clean): 2 failures to eject (124gr Blazer Brass)
    -4012 total (1260 since last cleaning): multiple failures to feed- Tula 115gr binding half way down the mag tube (rounds weren't even near the feed lips). Never previously cleaned any of 5 mags, other than initial clean before firing. Cleaned mags, no further issues.
    -4738 total (1400 since last cleaning): 2 failure to return to battery (Tula 115gr). Tapped back of slide.

Summary- this thing loves brass cased ammo, steel appears less favored. I initially thought the Tula might have a longer OAL, causing the binding in the mag tube, but rounds from the same case measured the same as brass ammo the gun loves- 1.15" OAL. Perhaps the steel cases themselves are more prone to bind on the side walls of the tubes?
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Site Supporter
    Has this been posted yet? If not it probably deserves it's own thread. In PF fashion it will be a great one. I meant that in the best way possible!

https://sofrep.com/69889/rumors-ice-...-sig-p320-mpx/

User Tag List