Thread: USPC Hammer spring question

USPC Hammer spring question

I recently snagged a like new stainless USP Compact 9.

I've considered putting a Wolff reduced power hammer spring in there to clean up the DA trigger pull. My concern is, part for these guns are practically unobtanium here. And I have read in a few places that the heavy hammer spring is part of the very long service life on the recoil springs on HK's, which sounds fairly logical. Does anyone have any experience with a 10 or 12lb hammer spring effecting recoil spring longevity or any other parts longevity on these guns.

For those who are thinking I should just get stronger, I appreciate this but being a unrepentant GaymerFag I like better triggers and would rather have a nicer trigger than not, if possible
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I got light strikes on certain very hard primers with the Wolff 10# hammer in my USPC 9mm light LEM, but just practice ammo like some Geco, Hirtenberger, German milsurp, never a problem with the Wolff 12# hammer spring. Cannot offer insight on the parts wear or recoil spring issue. I decided I am happy with the 12# and just keep it in place now.

Thanks. The 12lb is the one I was considering.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Relative to the SMEs on this forum I have little experience but have owned and carried USPC's for 18 years. My older USPC (1998) took 1000 rounds to smooth out, my 2014 USPC took 1800 rounds to smooth out. Older USPC had a trigger return spring that looks like the match spring, the new one has black trigger return spring that feels a little heavier. Also, a little oil on both ends of the trigger bar helps. Thought the match hammer spring had the same poundage as the uspc hammer spring but you might want to pose that question on the HK forum. Also found that putting more finger in the trigger well helped tremendously.

User Tag List