Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shooter Summit

Just watched Bruce Gray's interview. Very good stuff.

I watched about 75% of the interviews. I really enjoyed them. I started shooting pistols about 8 months ago and I thought the interviews were insightful. Hope Arik has financial success with it but I think the guys that really benefitted from my audience (and those with similar profiles) were the instructors. I made a list of books, videos and classes to possibly spend money on in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Nuggets are nuggets I suppose, but I don't think there was anything worth paying 20 bucks for if you have access to Ballistic Radio, Practically Tactical, and American Warrior Show interviews.

I think this speaks more to how good we have it right now in the "industry" and how open these folks are.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnedHat View Post
    I watched about 75% of the interviews. I really enjoyed them. I started shooting pistols about 8 months ago and I thought the interviews were insightful. Hope Arik has financial success with it but I think the guys that really benefitted from my audience (and those with similar profiles) were the instructors. I made a list of books, videos and classes to possibly spend money on in the future.
    This is important to note. The intended audience matters a lot. Folks are critical of a few shows/podcasts out there but fail to see who the audience is supposed to be. At 8 months in you're getting a ton of stuff most of us have spent years working at. That is the value, that is how generation to generation we get better.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I think this speaks more to how good we have it right now in the "industry" and how open these folks are.

This is important to note. The intended audience matters a lot. Folks are critical of a few shows/podcasts out there but fail to see who the audience is supposed to be. At 8 months in you're getting a ton of stuff most of us have spent years working at. That is the value, that is how generation to generation we get better.
    Those are good points and no doubt true.

HOWEVER, people need to learn how to conduct an interview. Not just this guy, but across the industry, listening to interviews can be pretty painful. There is a technique and an art to it, and gun people don't have it, by and large.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    HOWEVER, people need to learn how to conduct an interview. Not just this guy, but across the industry, listening to interviews can be pretty painful. There is a technique and an art to it, and gun people don't have it, by and large.
    Agree. It's hard to listen to any episodes with guests I don't personally know. Like pulling teeth really, without the percocet after.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List