Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooter Summit

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Are these gonna be around to watch later?
    Currently if you pay for the "All Access Pass" you get unlimited access to it, even after the summit is over (at least that is my understanding, which I hope is true, as I've done this myself after hearing some folks talk about finding the content to be worthwhile and knowing I don't have much free time this week to listen to all of it).
    Last edited by martin_j001; 12-15-2016 at 09:14 AM.
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

I liked Wayne's and Pannone's interviews. I am annoyed by Arik asking the same questions with each and every participant. Twenty some people repetitively saying that pinning the trigger and riding reset is bad, and that competition doesn't get you killed is excessive. Exploring specifics of competition training utilization in SF training a little further, for example, would've been more interesting.

However, I am impressed by all tactical guys repeatedly stating how competition helps improving processing aspects.
    Last edited by YVK; 12-16-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am lame to post this three days into it but better later than never

http://shooterssummit.com/

Multiple top level competition and tactical people, including our own Wayne Dobbs, talking various interesting things. Talks about processing, value of competition, mental aspects, emotion and pressure control, training etc from top gamers and pipe hitters.

I am uncertain if this is specific marksmanship and gun handling content; feel free to move.
    I took a look at the web site, and I've seen these notices fly by on my social media feed.

I guess compared to the access to what I feel is essentially the same knowledge base here on pistol-forum (for free, although I pay to be a site supporter), I could not muster the interest to register for access. If they turn out to charge a fee after this "event" is over, it seems hard to see how this is going to be successful.

But good on them for making the effort to get it organized, and I wish the enterprise every success going forward.

Mike Pannone's interview was excellent.
    Last edited by David S.; 12-16-2016 at 01:50 PM.

Manny Bragg's episode was also very good.

@20min in: He spent a lot of time dry practicing with Airsoft (no pellets). Apparently the slide cycling causes a small amount of sight lift. That little bit allows you to really ingrain that concept and shot calling. I struggle to see my sights lift, so this seems like a logical first step. Then move on to .22's. Then 9mm.

He found using pellets unnecessary for his goals. Additionally, it makes a mess and punched holes in his walls.

I would have preferred the these interviews be focused on the title topic but I'm very impressed by these interviews.

I guess I was hoping for training tips, drills and other helpful information on the range actually shooting so for me a bit disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I guess I was hoping for training tips, drills and other helpful information on the range actually shooting so for me a bit disappointing.
    I agree, the better interviews as I said before are those where the sme sort of drives the conversation. Pannone did this and it was an outstanding talk. I'm about done with the interviewers pin and hold obsession. It's wasted time and almost seems like it's a point to be made against someone that see all these experts agree. I think the time could be better used on drills or stuff like asking guys like Kyle Lamb how did training change between black hawk down and gwot in terms of shooting. What worked, what didn't, etc? Or a myriad of competition and combat/deadly force questions related to shooting. Glad I didn't pay and only watch the free ones I'm interested in hearing.
    Last edited by cpd2110; 12-17-2016 at 09:54 PM.

Yong Lee's interview was solid. Pretty good discussion on sight reference and trigger manipulation.

Also picked up a tip on turning the red dot on a pistol mounted optic so that you can be more target focused than dot focused. You're just referencing the dot just like you're referencing the front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd2110 View Post
    I agree, the better interviews as I said before are those where the sme sort of drives the conversation. Pannone did this and it was an outstanding talk. I'm about done with the interviewers pin and hold obsession. It's wasted time and almost seems like it's a point to be made against someone that see all these experts agree. I think the time could be better used on drills or stuff like asking guys like Kyle Lamb how did training change between black hawk down and gwot in terms of shooting. What worked, what didn't, etc? Or a myriad of competition and combat/deadly force questions related to shooting. Glad I didn't pay and only watch the free ones I'm interested in hearing.
    agreed. This stuff may be mind blowing for people who don't read this forum, but I honestly don't need 5 different explanations of why pinning the trigger is bad. Unfortunately I missed the Craig Douglas one, so I might end up blowing the money just to hear him.

Quote Originally Posted by SIRTainly View Post
    Unfortunately I missed the Craig Douglas one, so I might end up blowing the money just to hear him.
    Nuggets are nuggets I suppose, but I don't think there was anything worth paying 20 bucks for if you have access to Ballistic Radio, Practically Tactical, and American Warrior Show interviews.

User Tag List