Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: News Piece, FBI MIami shoot-out 1986

Site Supporter
    Malamute, wearing body armor and/or raid jackets is much moe common when plainclothes officers do takedowns than it was in 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Has there been any work on that aspect since then to improve ability to ID the players when uniforms or others arrive on scene?
    You'd be hard pressed in seeing any plain clothes guys around here doing a raid or stop without something like this on:

Name:  IMG_2806.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  34.7 KB

If they aren't wearing something like that and out doing raids or stops, they're a dumbass. I kept mine close by in my car so I could throw it on while I was driving.
    Last edited by Lon; 01-01-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Lon, no disagreement with you as things stand TODAY, but things have changed. When I came into the business years back things were done very differently. It has taken years and numerous tragedies to get as many people wearing armor & readily ID'd attire as they do; yet clearly it isn't universal when you look at the LEOKA stats and other events.

For close to a couple decades hee, the norm for detectives to have hasty ID was a football practice jersey (the shorter ones with bigger holes in the mesh). Full color shoilder patches on both sleeves, badge patch on the chest, large & bright yellow letters reading police or sheriff front/back. Pretty hard to miss, real easy to thrown over soft armor.
    But then external carriers showed up in detectives ... badge & police/sheriff patch up front, id patch on the back and nothing on the sides. Oh wait, that's what you showed

No arguments Angus. I was just answering Malamutes question on if things have changed. Things have changed a lot just in my 21 year career.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

User Tag List