Thread: Anyone know what sling this is and where to get it? Google fails me.

Anyone know what sling this is and where to get it? Google fails me.

I had a customer come in the shop about 10 years ago and trade in a rifle with one of these slings on it and he insisted on keeping it. No problem, his sling, his deal. I've been on the lookout for one ever since. I finally found one in the used sling bin of a local shop last month. After using it on a couple hunts, it really is as awesome as I thought it would be, so I want some more for my other rifles, but cannot find it anywhere online. I suppose it's similar to the Montana sling in how it is a slide-adjustable leather sling, but this one uses a leather "buckle" that slides back and forth to add or remove tension. Anyone recognize it or can tell me where to get one?

It's the one in the bottom of this pic:

Another view:
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Never seen that sling, but Andy Langlois (AndysLeather.com) still does custom work. I have a couple of slings made to my requirements from him. Friendly guy, and he'll work with you to duplicate that sling exactly.

Looks like a style similar to Brownells "Montana" sling

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-ac...rial_1=Leather

I had this version of a sling and would recommend finding something else. It slipped and the leather stretched quite a bit from it's new size.
    Whether you think you can or you can't, you're probably right.

We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List