Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Loyola Professor Calls Cops on Student Because He’s Wearing His Police Unifirm

What a wasted opportunity to actually have students discuss something.

discussion is off limits at college now. didn't you get the memo?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I try to avoid non-firearm related threads-but I have to ask. If you're calling the police, usually there's a crime or potential criminal you are worrying about. Else its a false 911 call is it not?

What is the crime or potential crime the caller was worried about? I didn't get that from the article.
    The article doesn't say the Professor dial 911 but I would love to hear that call

911 what's your emergency?

There's some one here an a police uniform

Are they impersonating a police officer?

No it's a real cop

What do you want us to do?

SEND THE POLICE!!!!!!!

Sounds like they're already there

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    discussion is off limits at college now. didn't you get the memo?
    Who has the energy for discussion? Discussion is so two weeks ago...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    We have a misdemeanor charge here that is basically for misuse of 911. I have written that one out a few times myself. Unfortunately, if they use the non-emergency number for the department, there is not much we can do.
    Florida has the same, misuse of 911. I've charged it a few times on people and let's just say they had a rather unpleasant educational experience on the way to jail about the intended use of 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    The article doesn't say the Professor dial 911 but I would love to hear that call

911 what's your emergency?

There's some one here an a police uniform

Are they impersonating a police officer?

No it's a real cop

What do you want us to do?

SEND THE POLICE!!!!!!!

Sounds like they're already there
    From Catch-22 by Joseph Heller:

Dobbs: [Over the radio] Help him! Help him!
    Yossarian: Help who?
    Dobbs: Help the bombardier!
    Yossarian: I'm the bombardier, I'm all right.
    Dobbs: Then help HIM, help HIM!
    Yossarian: Is Orr crazy?
    Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: Of course he is. He has to be crazy to keep flying after all the close calls he's had.
    Yossarian: Why can't you ground him?
    Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: I can, but first he has to ask me.
    Yossarian: That's all he's gotta do to be grounded?
    Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: That's all.
    Yossarian: Then you can ground him?
    Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: No. Then I cannot ground him.
    Yossarian: Aah!
    Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: There's a CATCH.
    Yossarian: A catch?
    Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: Sure. Catch-22. Anyone who wants to get out of combat isn't really crazy, so I can't ground him.
    Yossarian: Ok, let me see if I've got this straight. In order to be grounded, I've got to be crazy. And I must be crazy to keep flying. But if I ask to be grounded, that means I'm not crazy anymore, and I have to keep flying.
    Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: You got it, that's Catch-22.
    Yossarian: Whoo... That's some catch, that Catch-22.
    Dr. 'Doc' Daneeka: It's the best there is.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    I don't think a lot of people these days think like that. Emergency phone service is a "dial-a-mommy number" to these people.
    That seems to be correct, at least in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Not Normal / Unsafe

Well, in all fairness, this guy is in shape and looks squared away. We don't see that type nearly as often as we should.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I carried this Sap while overseas. It is truly a shame that they are no longer used in LE today.

They leave a lasting impression on recipients.
    I have no idea how to use it (which is sad) but I really want a sap for Christmas.

Site Supporter
    Through my career, from Buffalo to Oregon to Texas, when I taught night classes, I've had officers in uniform and armed come to class. No one noticed or cared as far as I saw. What idiots!

This is a funny true story. In a night cognitive psych. class - a professor was going to run the well known eyewitness experiment where someone rushes in with a starter pistol, shoots the prof and runs out. Surprise - and then you get descriptions of the incident. I did that once years ago. No more. Anyway, the prof. was going to do this and we realized that about half his class were Buffalo PD in civies. Thus, the grad student would run in with the gun. The class was draw on him and either shoot him or yell: Freeze, Don't MOVE. Said student would not know what the heck was going on and probably turn towards them with the gun and receive the hail of gun fire. Now, none of us grad students really liked the shooter grad student - he was a total butt kissing putz. So for a minute we had the morally dilemma of saving him or eliminating him (joke). But morality prevailed and we told the prof not to run the exercise. Interestingly, a few years later - the prof was cheating on his wife with a female grad student. His wife caught wind of it and came to the department and chased him around with a Winchester lever action 30-30. Hilarity ensued. It was hushed up and his wife got everything. He married the grad student after the divorce. We also had another prof chased by a guy with a samurai sword for 'tutoring' his wife. Hubbie was a martial arts instructor.

About the Village People. I was driving with my daughter and we stop at an intersection under construction. There is a motorcycle officer talking to an construction worker. My kid rolls down the window and yells: Where's the Indian Chief? Luckily the light changed and we drove away.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 12-12-2016 at 12:55 PM.

User Tag List